This Apple Cider Cocktail is ALWAYS A HIT during the holidays. Made with only a few simple ingredients, this bourbon drink is the easiest recipe you’ll make all season. And honestly, who doesn’t want that?
I love a festive holiday cocktail and this riff on my favorite Kentucky mule, is sweet, spicy and refreshing. Pair it with your favorite party foods or mix one up to sip while sitting by the fire – either way, this cider drink is one you’ll make over and over again!
Why you’ll love this recipe…
- 4 ingredients – which you probably already have on hand.
- you only need a couple of simple tools – measuring spoons or a jigger and a spoon.
- this cocktail delivers amazing flavor and goes with just about any holiday spread.
- you can omit the alcohol for those who don’t imbibe making it perfect for adults and kids alike!
- I like to set out the ingredients and let guests mix their own – a guaranteed conversation starter and easier on the host.
What you’ll need:
Bourbon: I used Jack Daniel’s for its spicy flavor. No need to use an expensive bourbon for this mixed drink. You can also use other dark spirits like Irish Whisky, Scotch or dark rum.
Apple Cider: Traditional cider is not filtered but you can buy filtered cider as well (purists will disagree:-)). I tried the cocktail with both filtered and unfiltered and didn’t notice a difference in taste. Use whatever cider you prefer!
Apple Slices and Cinnamon Sticks: these are optional but make an easy and pretty garnish!
TIP: Replace the usual lemon juice with ½ the amount of apple cider vinegar! The vinegar helps balance the sweetness of the cider and ginger beer and gives the drink a subtle tanginess.
How to make it…
- Add ice to a rocks glass.
- Measure and pour in the bourbon, apple cider and vinegar.
- Top with Ginger beer, garnish and serve.
Other Bourbon Cocktails to wet your whistle!
Apple Cider Cocktail
- 2 oz. apple cider
- 1 ½ oz. bourbon
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 2 apple slices optional
- 1 cinnamon stick optional
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add the apple cider, bourbon and apple cider vinegar. Stir.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.