This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySparkling #CollectiveBias
It’s almost Halloween.. which means fall leaves, cozy sweaters and drinking mulled apple cider around a blazing fire.
At least in most parts of the country.
Here in California though we’re still wearing our flip flops and cranking the AC. But that doesn’t mean we can’t get into the spirit of things, right? We just need to be a bit more creative! So since I love mulled apple cider, I was thinking how I could create a drink that embodied all the flavors I love but that was more in keeping with 80 degree weather!
Thus, this Easy Sparkling Spiced Cider drink was born! It has all the sweet spiciness of a traditional mulled cider but with with the bubbly and effervescent qualities of a great seltzer water. One of my favorites is Canada Dry’s Sparkling Seltzer water. It has a clean, neutral flavor with zero calories and zero sodium and is excellent on its own, with a slice of lime or lemon or mixed with juices and/or syrups like I did in this Sparkling Spiced Cider. With the holidays approaching I always stock up with several 12 can packs.
Next, you’re going to want to make the spiced cider syrup – which BTW, you can make a couple of weeks in advance and stash in the fridge – a great time saver during the holidays!
To make the syrup, you’ll need some mulling spices and a little cheesecloth to wrap them in…
Combine some apple cider and the mulling spices in a saucepan and bring to a boil and boil until the cider is reduced to a syrup….
After the cider is reduced, you stir in a little demerara sugar and let it cool. Then you are ready to assemble your drink!
Pour a little apple cider into an ice filled glass and add a little of the spiced cider syrup and top with Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water. Viola! Easy Sparkling Spiced Cider!
Better yet, set out all the fixin’s and let your guests mix their own! And speaking of guests, you’ll definitely need some appetizers to go along with this Easy Sparking Spiced Cider!
So how about this delicious, make ahead Cheese and Herb Quick Bread?
Sparkling Spiced Cider
- 1 64 oz. bottle apple cider divided use
- 2 Tablespoons mulling spices
- 1 Tablespoon demerara sugar
- 2 cans Canada Dry Original Sparkling Seltzer
- Cut a small square of cheesecloth and place the two Tablespoons of mulling spices in the center. Gather up the corners and, using kitchen twine, tie the corners together, enclosing the mulling spices.
- Pour 4 cups of apple cider into a medium sized saucepan. Add the mulling spices and bring the cider to a boil. Boil for 30 - 45 minutes or until the cider is reduced to about 3/4 of a cup. When the cider has reduced, turn off the heat and stir in the demerara sugar, stirring until it dissolves.
- Let the syrup cool. If not using right away, pour into a small jar or bottle and refrigerate. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- To make the sparking spiced cider, add ice to two glasses. Pour 4 ounces of the remaining apple cider into each glass. Add 1 Tablespoon of the cider syrup to each glass and stir. Top with Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer. Serve.
Or perhaps this classic and oh so easy Crab Rangoon?