Yes, a French Potato Salad that’s ready in 15 minutes! Potatoes, tomatoes, and corn are all dressed up with a zippy lemon dijon mustard vinaigrette for a ridiculously easy, no mayo potato salad that goes with almost anything!
This post was sponsored by Sitram, USA. As always, all opinions are mine and mine alone.
French Potato Salad
So how on earth can you make this french potato salad in 15 minutes?
Two words. Pressure Cooker.
But even if you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can still make this simple and delicious no mayo potato salad recipe in under 30 minutes!!!
Potatoes might just be the perfect food, and I’ve never met one I didn’t like… but this pressure cooker version is what I want to eat all summer long. Creamy potatoes, juicy, sun ripened tomatoes and a little hit of sweet corn all wrapped in a snappy, mustardy vinaigrette
This is the room temperature side dish that backyard bbq’s, beach parties and casual evenings with friends and family
What you will need:
- Potatoes – firm waxy
potatoes likered bliss or Yukon gold potatoes work great. I used baby potatoes, but if you can’t find them, just use larger potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- Cherry tomatoes – Teardrop tomatoes work as well – and if you can find the baby heirloom tomatoes, this no mayo potato salad is absolutely stunning!
- Corn – fresh corn I think has the best flavor and texture, but if all you have is frozen – go for it!
- Fresh herbs – I used tarragon and parsley but if you can’t find tarragon, all parsley works well.
- Dijon Mustard: I like Maille, but any good quality dijon mustard works. This dressing is delicious, BTW so don’t worry if you have extra!
- White Wine Vinegar: My new favorite white wine vinegar is by Vilux, but use whatever one you like!
How to make this Easy Potato Salad:
- Saute the onions in the olive oil. If your pressure cooker has this function, you can do this right in the pot. If it doesn’t or you are making the salad on the stove, saute the onions in medium sized skillet.
- Add the potatoes and the stock to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and cook for 3 minutes. If making on the stove, add the potatoes, stock and water to a 3 quart dutch oven and bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender – about 15 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, do a quick release of the pressure. For the stovetop version, drain the potatoes.
- Add the corn and mix.
- Pour onto a platter or bowl and add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Drizzle with the dressing and serve!
Annnndddd… viola! You have French Potato Salad!
Love Potatoes? Then I think you’ll love these other Potato Recipes!
- Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Potatoes Hashed in Cream
- Greek Potatoes
- Pesto potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Bacon
- Roasted Potato Salad
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave me a comment and rate it! Cheers! Nancy
15 Minute French Potato Salad
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- If your pressure cooker has a saute function, turn it to saute and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes until the onions are tender and slightly opaque.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Lock the lid and bring to high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the corn and replace the lid and let sit for 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter. Scatter the tomatoes over and drizzle with the dressing.
If making on the stovetop:
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the potatoes to a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil the potatoes until they are fork tender but not totally soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 2 – 3 minutes or until the onions are soft and slightly opaque.
- Drain the potatoes and add the onions. Add in the corn and gently stir.
- Place the potato mixture on a platter and sprinkle the tomatoes over. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
For the lemon dijon vinaigrette
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking briskly. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in the fresh tarragon and parsley.
Extra potato salad can be stored in the refrigerator overnight. The potatoes will become a bit softer, but the salad will still taste delicious!