Yes, a French Potato Salad that’s ready in 15 minutes! Potatoes, tomatoes, and corn are all dressed up with a zippy lemon dijon mustard vinaigrette for a ridiculously easy, no mayo potato salad that goes with almost anything!
This post was sponsored by Sitram, USA. As always, all opinions are mine and mine alone.
French Potato Salad
So how on earth can you make this french potato salad in 15 minutes?
Two words. Pressure Cooker.
But even if you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can still make this simple and delicious no mayo potato salad recipe in under 30 minutes!!!
Potatoes might just be the perfect food, and I’ve never met one I didn’t like… but this pressure cooker potato salad is what I want to eat all summer long. Creamy potatoes, juicy, sun ripened tomatoes and a little hit of sweet corn all wrapped in a snappy, mustardy vinaigrette
This is the room temperature side dish that backyard bbq’s, beach parties and casual evenings with friends and family
What you will need:
- Potatoes – firm waxy
potatoes likered bliss or Yukon gold potatoes work great. I used baby potatoes, but if you can’t find them, just use larger potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- Cherry tomatoes – Teardrop tomatoes work as well – and if you can find the baby heirloom tomatoes, this no mayo potato salad is absolutely stunning!
- Corn – fresh corn I think has the best flavor and texture, but if all you have is frozen – go for it!
- Fresh herbs – I used tarragon and parsley but if you can’t find tarragon, all parsley works well.
- Dijon Mustard: I like Maille, but any good quality dijon mustard works. This dressing is delicious, BTW so don’t worry if you have extra!
- White Wine Vinegar: My new favorite white wine vinegar is by Vilux, but use whatever one you like!
How to make French Potato Salad:
- Saute the onions in the olive oil in your pressure cooker.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, just saute the onions in a skillet while you cook the potatoes on the stovetop until
- Add the potatoes and the vegetable stock to the pressure cooker.
Hint: if you aren’t cooking the potatoes in the pressure cooker, cook the potatoes in vegetable stock versus water – the flavor is fabulous!
- Cook for 3 minutes and then do a quick release of the pressure. Add in the corn…
If you’re cooking the potatoes on the stovetop, drain them and then add the corn. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Place the potato, onion and corn mixture on a platter and add the tomatoes.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix up the vinaigrette.
Annnndddd… viola! You have French Potato Salad!
Love Potatoes? Then I think you’ll love these other Potato Recipes!
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave me a comment and rate it! Cheers! Nancy
15 Minute French Potato Salad
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- If your pressure cooker has a saute function, turn it to saute and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes until the onions are tender and slightly opaque.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Lock the lid and bring to high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the corn and replace the lid and let sit for 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter. Scatter the tomatoes over and drizzle with the dressing.
If making on the stovetop:
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the potatoes to a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil the potatoes until they are fork tender but not totally soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 2 – 3 minutes or until the onions are soft and slightly opaque.
- Drain the potatoes and add the onions. Add in the corn and gently stir.
- Place the potato mixture on a platter and sprinkle the tomatoes over. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
For the lemon dijon vinaigrette
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking briskly. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in the fresh tarragon and parsley.
Extra potato salad can be stored in the refrigerator overnight. The potatoes will become a bit softer, but the salad will still taste delicious!