Last updated on October 19th, 2018 at 11:00 am
This 15 Minute French Potato Salad post was sponsored by Melissa’s Produce and Sitram, USA. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
15 minutes -yes, you read that right! This easy potato salad recipe takes only 15 minutes to make! Potatoes, onions and tomatoes dressed up with a classic lemon dijon vinaigrette, this French Potato Salad is one you’ll be making all spring and summer long!
So how on earth can you make this easy potato salad in 15 minutes?
Two words. Pressure Cooker.
Recently, I attended a demonstration of Sitram Pressure Cookers hosted by Melissa’s Produce in connection with the publication of Jill Nussinow’s new book “Vegan Under Pressure”. A french potato salad recipe caught my eye and I knew an easy potato salad was just the thing to try out Sitram’s Sitrapro stovetop pressure cooker!
Gorgeous, isn’t it?
Pressure cookers are ideal for cooking potatoes since they cook them in a fraction of the time it takes on the stovetop. I don’t know about you, but did Thanksgiving just pop into your mind too? Yeah, Thanksgiving is going to be soooo much easier this year!
The Sitram Sitrapro stovetop pressure cooker is incredibly easy to use and pretty darn near foolproof. With a number of safety features built in, even if you’ve never used a pressure cooker before, you can use this one with ease! These pressure cookers are not only beautiful but beautifully constructed as well (and have been in production since the 1960’s).
But I digress! Let’s get on with this 15 Minute French Potato Salad!
How to make French Potato Salad:
The best potatoes to use in potato salad are firm, waxy potatoes and I love using Melissa’s Baby Dutch yellow potatoes for potato salads!
Step 1: Saute the onions for a couple of minutes in the pressure cooker on the stove – and because the Sitram Sitropro is made from high quality stainless steel – which is an excellent conductor of heat, you can saute the onions without any fat!
Step 2: Add the potatoes and vegetable stock, lock on the lid, and turn the heat to medium and bring to high pressure.
Step 3: Cook for 3 minutes and then do a quick release of the pressure. Add in the corn…
Step 4: Place the lid back on and let it sit for a minute or two..
Step 5: Transfer the onion, potato and corn mixture to a large platter. While the salad is cooking, mix up the vinaigrette and cut the tomatoes. Top the potatoes with the tomatoes and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle on additional chopped parsley if desired and serve
Annnndddd… viola! You have French Potato Salad!
Looking for ideas of what to serve with this easy potato salad? Try my..
If you enjoyed this post, follow me on Facebook!!
15 Minute French Potato Salad
- 1 onion, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a stove top pressure cooker over medium heat or set an electric cooker to saute.
- Add the onion and dry saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Lock the lid and bring to high pressure. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add the corn and replace the lid and let sit for 1 minute.
- Remove to a serving platter. Scatter the tomatoes over and drizzle with the dressing.
For the lemon dijon vinaigrette
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking briskly. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in the fresh tarragon and parsley.