This pomegranate version of the classic Fizz Cocktail is all decked out for the holidays! Bright and refreshing this gin cocktail is definitely a festive way to welcome friends and family.
Easy, bright and simple… isn’t that something we all want in a cocktail??
Gin Fizz Cocktail
The holidays call for festive cocktails and I’ve been putting together my lineup! I’ve got my Grapefruit Cosmopolitan cocktail for my vodka drinkers, a Bourbon Old Fashioned for the whisky crowd, and now this Pomegranate and Lime Gin Fizz for the gin cocktail fans.
Although it looks fancy, this Pomegranate and Lime Gin Fizz couldn’t be easier to make – which is one of the many reasons I love this cocktail for the holidays! Homemade grenadine, simple syrup, fresh lime juice and gin – that’s it!
So what exactly is in a Gin Fizz?
Glad you asked! At it’s most basic, a gin fizz is made with….
- Gin – the cocktail is usually make with a clasic London Dry gin.
- Simple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Sparkling water
The gin fizz definitely lends itself to lots of variations – like this pomegranate version. And for those of you who aren’t gin fans, I recommend a less juniper-forward gin like Hendricks – it smooth, floral and works beautifully in this pomegranate cocktail!
If you simply can’t get on board with gin, you could also make this cocktail with vodka – but to be honest, I really, really encourage you to try it with gin!
How to make this Gin Fizz Cocktail with Pomegranate and lime!
As I said, this cocktail is incredibly easy to make!
- Combine the gin, lime juice, grenadine and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake the cocktail for 10 – 15 seconds or until the shaker is frosty!
- Strain over ice into a rocks or Old fashioned glass.
- Top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wheel, fresh pomegranate seeds and a mint sprig if desired.
Other Cocktails to celebrate with!
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail – this festively attired drink is a crowd favorite!
- Rum and Ginger Beer – rum and ginger beer were made for each other!
- El Diablo Cocktail – Tequila and ginger beer with creme de cassis!
- Gin and Ginger Ale – flavored with lime and mint!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would LOVE for you to give it a 5-star rating! Cheers! Nancy
Pomegranate Lime Fizz
- 1 ½ oz. gin Hendrick’s
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. grenadine
- 6 oz. sparkling water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons pomegranate arils optional
- 2 fresh lime slices optional
- 2 sprigs fresh mint optional
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the gin, lime juice, simple syrup, and grenadine.
- Add ice and shake. Pour mixture over ice into two rocks glasses.
- Top off with club soda or sparkling water.
- Thread a lime slice onto a cocktail pick. top with pomegranate arils.
- Place on top of the glass and tuck a mint sprig behind.
- If you are using a storebought grenadine, you may not need to add the simple syrup to the cocktail.
- Before pouring the cocktail, take a small taste to see if you need to add a little simple syrup. If so, just add it to the shaker and shake for a couple of seconds and then proceed with the recipe.
- If the lime and pomegranate aril garnish is a bit too involved, just use a lime wheel and the mint!
- If making for a crowd, you can combine all the ingredients except the club soda and sparkling water together in a bottle. Shake the bottle and then measure out 3 ½ ounces of the mixture into a shaker. Add ice, shake, pour and then top with club soda or sparkling water.