One sip and you’ll understand why the Clover Club Cocktail is a classic. A sweet, tart and creamy concoction of gin, lemon juice and raspberry syrup crowned with a foamy egg white, this gorgeous sipper is easy, pretty and delicious!
A classic sour, this delightful sipper is perfectly balanced. Not too boozy but with enough oomph so you know you’re having a real cocktail!
Hard to believe that this “girly looking drink” was once the preferred cocktail for an all-male group of lawyers and writers, isn’t it?
Clover Club Cocktail History and FAQ’s
The Clover Club cocktail was named after an
It was named after the group. How the cocktail actually came about is still somewhat of a mystery!
You could certainly make this cocktail without the egg white, but it does lend a lovely texture to the cocktail. If you’ve never had a cocktail with an egg white, this is definitely the one to try.
When to serve the Clover Club?
This classic cocktail is perfect for so many occasions. It’s a delicious pre or post dinner drink, and is surprisingly food friendly. It also makes a delicious alternative to mimosa’s at brunch!
How to make the Clover Club Cocktail
- Mix the raspberries and sugar in a bowl and let them sit
- Add the water to the raspberry and sugar mixture
- Strain through a mess strainer
- Add the gin, lemon, egg white and raspberry syrup to a mixing tin and shake – don’t add the ice yet!
- Add ice and shake again and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a raspberry and serve!
Tips for Making the Clover Club Cocktail
- Don’t use a commercial raspberry syrup! The homemade syrup is so easy and makes such a difference in the flavor!
- While you can make raspberry syrup more quickly by cooking it, try my method instead! The raspberry flavor is
- If you want to make this cocktail for
crowd, you can combine the gin, lemon juice andraspberry syrup ahead of time. Then all you need to do is measure it out add the egg white and shake!
- If you are concerned about using a raw egg, you can
Other Sour Cocktail recipes for your quaffing pleasure!
Love this cocktail? Share the love and rate it!!
Thank you so much for visiting! Cheers!!!
Clover Club Cocktail
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Clover Club Cocktail
- 1 3/4 oz. gin Hendricks or Ford’s
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth I like Dolin’s
- 3/4 oz. raspberry syrup
- 1/4 oz. egg white
- 1 raspberry optional
- Combine the raspberries and sugar in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Allow the raspberries and sugar to sit for about 20 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add the water to the raspberry mixture and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Strain through a mesh strainer, pressing on the raspberries to extract as much syrup as possible.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and refrigerate. The syrup should last about 10 days to 2 weeks. For longer storage, add a tablespoon or two of vodka to the mixture and store in the refrigerator.
For the Clover Club Cocktail
- Combine the gin, vermouth, lemon juice and raspberry syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again for 10 – 15 seconds until the tin is cold.
- Strain into a coupe and garnish with a fresh raspberry if desired.
If you enjoyed this Clover Club Cocktail, I would love for you to rate it!!