Sweet, tart and not too boozy, this easy vodka Ruby Red Cosmo Cocktail recipe is just right for a holiday or winter party.
This is the season for gifts, and I have one for you today!! I bring you the Ruby Red Cosmopolitan Cocktail made with my favorite flavored vodka – Deep Eddy Ruby Red. If you’ve been reading for a while, I introduced “y’all” to Deep Eddy Vodka with my Ruby Red Moscow Mule.
While the Ruby Red Moscow Mule is good any time of year, I wanted something a bit more festive in keeping with the holiday season and so a Cosmo seemed a fabulous choice.
This Ruby Red Cosmopolitan Cocktail is light, sweet, tart and refreshing – making it a great choice for holiday parties when you don’t want to be the one with the lampshade on your head!!
Ruby Red Cosmo Cocktail
Cosmos, popularized by Sex in the City, was the drink of the 1990’s – and like many things from the 1990’s have fallen out of fashion. But unlike some bands (that shall remain nameless) this wasn’t necessarily a good thing. A Cosmo is really just a vodka sour – easy to make and easy to drink and cocktails that definitely belong on your drink menu!
Ingredients you will need:
- Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka
- fresh lime juice
- Triple Sec (I used Cointreau)
- Cranberry Juice
How to Make the Ruby Red Cosmo:
- Combine the vodka, lime juice, triple sec and cranberry juice in a shaker.
- Fill 2/3rd’s full with ice and shake.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish.
Tips for Making the Ruby Red Cosmopolitan Cocktail for a party:
- Estimate how many cocktails you’ll make for the party.
- Calculate how many ounces of the Ruby Red Vodka and Triple Sec and combine in a nice container (tip: save nice looking empty liquor bottles and soak off the labels to use as decanters).
- Squeeze enough lime juice, measure and combine with the cranberry juice. Add to a nice looking container.
- Set both out on your bar and make sure to have plenty of ice and glasses. For best results, store your glasses in the refrigerator for a nice, cold cocktail!
- Assemble your garnishes in advance and refrigerate with a damp paper towel over them.
- Just before the party begins, set out the garnishes and your mixing tin and shot glass.
Other Vodka Cocktails to whet your whistle!
- Pumpkin Spiced Kahlua and Cream
- Cape Cod Cocktail| Vodka and Cranberry
- Vanilla Pear Vodka Gimlet
- Lychee Cosmopolitan
Ruby Red Cosmpolitan Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- 1 1/2 oz. Ruby Red grapefruit Vodka I used Deep Eddy’s
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- 3 fresh cranberries optional
- Combine the vodka, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and cranberry juice in a mixing tin. Add ice.
- Fill the shaker 2/3rd's full of ice.
- Shake for 10 – 15 seconds until cold.
For the Garnish:
- Using a channel knife, cut a large lime twist.
- Twist around a cocktail pick and slide off.
- Thread 3 fresh cranberries onto the cocktail pick and wind the lime twist between the cranberries.