This Turkey Pasta dish is almost impossible not to like and one of my favorite orecchiette recipes! The classic combo of lemon and capers flavor this easy weeknight dish that I never quite seem to make enough of – and neither will you!
And when you really need comfort food, quick and easy is what you want, right? Because let’s face
Which is why I adore this turkey pasta orecchiette recipe so much. Well, that and those little pasta ears are so darn cute!
Turkey Pasta Ingredients:
- Orecchiette or other small pasta
- olive oil
- ground turkey
- chicken stock
- dry white wine
- dried basil, oregano, rosemary and sage OR Italian seasoning
- lemon zest
- unsalted butter
- grated parmesan cheese
Why you will love this Turkey Pasta:
- You can have
this pastarecipe on the table in under 45 minutes!
- This ragu is an incredibly delicious way to use ground turkey!
- The leftovers (if you have any!) are just as good – and this dish reheats beautifully.
- The perfect pasta dish for nights when everyone is eating at different times.
Turkey Pasta Orecchiette Recipe FAQ’s:
The original ragu sauce! Believe it or not, Ragu
It takes between 8 and 15 minutes to cook depending upon the method you use to cook the pasta!
In this turkey pasta recipe, any small shaped pasta works – farfalle, small macaroni or even penne!
There are various thoughts on how to keep orecchiette from sticking. I use a slightly larger pot than I do for other pastas and use about 2 cups more water. I also stir the pasta frequently to separate those cute little ears!
How to make Lemon Caper Turkey Pasta:
- Saute the onions and the garlic.
- Add the turkey and cook until it’s no longer pink and add the white wine.
- Add the chicken stock and herbs.
- Add the butter for a luscious sauce!
- Then serve and enjoy!
What to serve with Turkey Pasta Orecchiette Recipe:
A simple green salad is really all you need, but any of these salads would be lovely!
- Caramelized Citrus and Avocado Salad
- Wedge Salad with Creamy Beet Dressing
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Feta
Lemon Caper Turkey Pasta Orecchiette Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion medium dice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 pound dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- zest of one lemon
- 3 Tablespoons capers drained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- In a large saute pan or small dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and minced garlic and saute until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat, until the turkey is no longer pink – about 7 minutes.
- Add the wine to the turkey and cook until the wine evaporates about 5 minutes.
- While the wine is cooking down, liberally salt the boiling pasta water and add the orecchiette. Cook the orecchiette until tender but still firm to the bite – about 7 – 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs and the chicken stock and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir to melt into the sauce. Add the capers, lemon zest and parsley and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Drain the pasta and add to the turkey sauce and stir to combine. Transfer the pasta to a serving platter or individual serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired, passing additional parmesan at the table.