What happens when you cross shrimp scampi with white wine and shrimp toast? Shrimp Toast – Scampi Style!!! Luscious baked shrimp scampi atop a baguette slice – heaven! All the classic flavors of a traditional shrimp scampi – the scampi topping can be made ahead of time making this shrimp toast recipe an ideal appetizer for a crowd!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
It’s that time of year again – awards season!! Which to me is a perfect excuse to have a few friends over to watch the festivities and cheering on your favorites.
Preferably with some wine and appetizers and this Scampi Style Shrimp Toast might just be the perfect appetizer for a crowd!
Shrimp toast, a classic appetizer in Chinese restaurants is a simple affair -minced shrimp spread on bread triangles and then either baked or deep fried. Even though I love it, I thought the classic shrimp toast recipe was ripe for an update! I combined the flavors of my favorite shrimp scampi with white wine with the classic shrimp toast recipe, for an easy “awards worthy” appetizer! Baked instead of fried, these shrimp toasts are easy to make with just a few ingredients…
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE Scampi Style Shrimp Toast:
- fresh shrimp (you can use smaller shrimp for this dish)
- dry white wine
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- chili flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- italian parsley
- baguette slices
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHRIMP TOAST RECIPE:
step #1: A small food processor comes in handy for chopping up the shallots and garlic, but if you don’t have one, you can easily do all of this by hand…
Step #2: After chopping up the shallots and garlic, add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper and the wine…
Step #3: Spread a thin layer on the baguette slices and then pop them into the oven…
Step #4: And then serve with a nice chilled glass of wine!
Tips for Making Scampi Style Shrimp Toast:
- The shrimp mixture can be made several hours ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate.
- Athough I specified 25 count shrimp, you can use any shrimp that you have. Since the shrimp is chopped, the size of the shrimp really doesn’t matter. You want to end up with about 1 cup of chopped shrimp.
- I used baguette slices but any firm white bread can be used.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the ingredients by hand.
IF YOU LIKED THIS SHRIMP TOAST RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE OTHER SHRIMP RECIPES:
- asian pickled shrimp
- Garlicky shrimp with Crispy Pancetta
- Margarita Granita with Spicy Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Whiskey Peach Chutney
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love for you to rate it!