What happens when you cross shrimp scampi with white wine and shrimp toast? Shrimp Toast - Scampi Style!!! Luscious baked shrimp scampi atop a baguette slice – heaven! All the classic flavors of a traditional shrimp scampi – the scampi topping can be made ahead of time making this shrimp toast recipe an ideal appetizer for a crowd!
It’s that time of year again – awards season!! Which to me is a perfect excuse to have a few friends over to watch the festivities and cheering on your favorites.
Preferably with some wine and appetizers and this Scampi Style Shrimp Toast might just be the perfect appetizer for a crowd!
Shrimp toast, a classic appetizer in Chinese restaurants is a simple affair -minced shrimp spread on bread triangles and then either baked or deep fried. Even though I love it, I thought the classic shrimp toast recipe was ripe for an update!
I combined the flavors of my favorite shrimp scampi with white wine with the classic shrimp toast recipe, for an easy “awards worthy” appetizer! Baked instead of fried, these shrimp toasts are easy to make with just a few ingredients…
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE Scampi Style Shrimp Toast:
- fresh shrimp (you can use smaller shrimp for this dish)
- dry white wine
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- chili flakes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- italian parsley
- baguette slices
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHRIMP TOAST RECIPE:
step #1: A small food processor comes in handy for chopping up the shallots and garlic, but if you don’t have one, you can easily do all of this by hand…
Step #2: After chopping up the shallots and garlic, add the shrimp, lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper and the wine...
Step #3: Spread a thin layer on the baguette slices and then pop them into the oven...
Step #4: And then serve with a nice chilled glass of wine!
Tips for Making Scampi Style Shrimp Toast:
- The shrimp mixture can be made several hours ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate.
- Athough I specified 25 count shrimp, you can use any shrimp that you have. Since the shrimp is chopped, the size of the shrimp really doesn't matter. You want to end up with about 1 cup of chopped shrimp.
- I used baguette slices but any firm white bread can be used.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can chop the ingredients by hand.
IF YOU LIKED THIS SHRIMP TOAST RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE OTHER SHRIMP RECIPES:
- asian pickled shrimp
- Garlicky shrimp with Crispy Pancetta
- Margarita Granita with Spicy Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Whiskey Peach Chutney
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love for you to rate it!
Scampi Shrimp Toast
- 4 oz. peeled and deveined 25 count shrimp about 8 shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon capers drained
- ½ baguette sliced into ¼ inch slices (about 20 slices)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.In a small food processor, chop the shallots and garlic until they are minced.Add the shrimp, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, wine, salt and chili flakes. Pulse until a chunky paste forms. Stir in the capers.Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Brush one side of the baguette slices with the olive oil.Bake the baguette slices for 2 minutes until slightly golden.Remove the sheet pan and flip the baguette slices. Spread a thin layer of the shrimp paste on top.Bake for 3 - 5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.Garnish with parsley and serve.
This looks amazing! Totally something I would order while dining out but never dreamed would be so easy to do at home too. It looks like I know what I'm doing for the next awards show...#client
Olga Acevedo says
Can the "Shrimp Scampi" filling & baguette slices, be prepared ahead, an hour or so, then filled (spread) & baked at a friends house.
Would like to bring to a friend house and baked there, to serve warm.