This easy Roasted Shrimp with Creamy Citrus Aioli appetizer recipe is a twist on the provencal classic and ready in under 30 minutes. Succulent shrimp dipped in an addictive sauce, you’ll want to make this again and again!!
For most people, the holidays are about the sweets, but for me, it’s about the savories – and if you’ve been reading this blog for a bit, you know how I feel about appetizers! So, today I’ve got a fantastic one for you. Roasted Shrimp with Creamy Citrus Aioli!!
Riffing on the classic Provencal pairing of seafood and aioli (which is basically mayonnaise made with garlic and olive oil) , succulent shrimp are roasted with fresh rosemary and and served with a luscious, creamy citrus aioli. In Provence, seafood and aioli are typical summer fare to be enjoyed over a crisp and cold bottle of rose. But to my way of thinking, this pairing works for the holidays as well – a little bit rich and a little bit indulgent and incredibly easy – champagne optional!
Aioli, or mayonnaise, isn’t hard to make. In culinary school, you make it by hand so that you can learn how to balance whisking and the addition of the oil to make a smooth and creamy emulsion which is the whole “secret” to mayonnaise/aioli. This is all well and good, but… not exactly fun.
Making it with the OXO On Immersion Blender though? Definitely fun! With 6 speed settings to choose from, you can adjust the blender to the perfect speed.
And there is no need to drizzle in the oil, you can simply add it to the blender’s handy mixing cup and start mixing… and in 15 seconds, you have aioli. Seriously, how fun is that???
No, that isn’t a trick of the light, or photoshop. The blender is actually illuminated!!!.If you have ever used an immersion blender to puree a soup under a ventilation hood and not been able to see what you’re blending, you will understand how truly cool this feature is!!
Finally, this is one of my favorite features of this blender… as they say, “it’s the little things that make us happy.”
I just love the little clip that holds the cord so it doesn’t unravel!!!
So, if it seems I am smitten with this OXO On Digitalized Immersion Blender, I am!!!
In fact, I think it would make an ideal gift for that “special cook” in your life… and who knows? They might just “thank you” by making some of this Roasted Shrimp with Creamy Citrus Aioli for you!!!
OXO graciously provided the blender. As always, all opinions are strictly my own.
Other seafood recipes you might enjoy:
- Steamed Mussels with Garlic Herb Sauce
- Garlicy Shrimp with Pancetta and Tomatoes
- Shrimp Toast Scampi Style
Roasted Shrimp with Creamy Citrus Aioli
- 1 lb. 21-30 count shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves stripped from their stem.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Citrus Aioli
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- additional zest for garnish if desired
- For the aioli: Add the egg, garlic, lemon and orange juice, lemon zest and orange zest to the OXO mixing cup. Pour in the canola and olive oil. Let sit for one minutes until egg and oil fully separate.
- Place the immersion blender in the cup, about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Turn the blender on to high (5 bars illuminated) and blend, slowly tilting the cup . Blend for 15 to 20 seconds until the mixture is fully emulsified, and the aioli is thick. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- For the Shrimp: Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the shrimp on the sheet pan and drizzele with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and the rosemary leaves. Using your hands, toss the shrimp to coat with the oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Roast the shrimp for 10 - 12 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp with the aioli.