15 minutes is all it takes to have these Steamed Mussels with White Wine and Herb Butter on the table! Everyone should have a fabulous mussels recipe in their collection and these steamed mussles are truly the best – sweet and juicy mussels, dry white wine finished with butter and herbs… yum!
Aaannnddd…. here is the recipe I promised – Steamed Mussels White Wine, Garlic and Herbs. How quick is this mussels recipe? 15 minutes from prep to table.
You can’t even do drive thru that fast… and these Steamed Mussels with White Wine are so much better. So much better that after shooting this, I managed to polish off the entire bowl of mussels… at 11:00 in the morning.
All by myself. It was that good.
Proof that quality ingredients, simply prepared are one of the keys to entertaining. Having a good steamed mussels recipe means you’ll never be at a loss for what to serve when you have no time! These steamed Mussels are my new go to for “having friends over for a casual get together” meal!
The “secret” to this dish? Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter. Truth be told, I may need a self help group because I am seriously obsessed with this butter and have been slathering it on everything from these steamed mussels to roasted veggies, steaks, and grilled bread… don’t even get me started on potatoes!!
So, entertaining tip #2 – always keep a stick of Kerrygold’s Garlic Herb Butter in your refrigerator! Slather it on anything and everything that needs a little flavor boost -vegetables, fish, steak, chicken or your favorite burger – or slather it on grilled bread to go with this steamed mussel recipe.
Simple and satisfying entertaining at it’s best!!
Everytime I make these steamed mussels in white wine, the question comes up – “how to remove the beard from a mussel?”
It’s really easy.
So I made a little video.. showing you how to remove the beard from a mussel as well as ….
How to Cook Mussels:
What to serve with Steamed Mussels:
For appetizers, put out a bowl of olives and slices of these Cheese and Herb Quick Bread.
Put together a nice salad – like this simple Romaine with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette.
For dessert.. so many choices! But in keeping with the “easy entertaining theme” – how about this Raspberry Cake with Creme de Cassis?
KerrygoldUSA graciously provided samples of their cheese and butter. All opinions, as always, are mine and mine alone.
If you liked these mussels, you might love….
15 minutes is all it takes to have these Steamed Mussels with White Wine and Herb Butter on the table! Everyone should have a fabulous mussels recipe in their collection and these steamed mussles are truly the best - sweet and juicy mussels, dry white wine finished with butter and herbs... yum!
- 3 Tablespoons Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mussels
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Clean and debeard the mussels.
- In a large saucepan with a lid, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and white pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook the mussels for 3 minutes, shaking the pan half way through.
- After 3 minutes remove the lid.
- The mussels are done when the shells have opened!
- Evenly divide the mussels between two shallow bowls.
- Divide the liquid evenly among the bowls.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Depending upon your appetite and what else you are serving, I plan on 3/4 to 1 pound of mussels per person. I highly recommend serving some grilled or toasted baguettes alongside to soak up all that lovely liquid.