15 minutes is all it takes to have these Steamed Mussels with White Wine and Herb Butter on the table! Everyone should have a fabulous mussels recipe in their collection and these steamed mussels are truly the best – sweet and juicy mussels, dry white wine finished with butter and herbs… yum!
Aaannnddd…. here is the recipe I promised – Quick Mussels with Garlic Herb Sauce. How quick? 15 minutes from prep to table.
You can’t even do drive-thru that fast… and these Quick Mussels with Garlic Herb Sauce are so much better. So much better that after shooting this, I managed to polish off the entire bowl of mussels… at 11:00 in the morning.
All by myself. It was that good.
Proof that quality ingredients, simply prepared are one of the keys to entertaining. These Quick Mussels with Garlic Herb Sauce are my new go to “having friends over for a casual get together” meal. Put out a bowl of olives, some Kerrygold cheese and this Cheese and herb Quick Bread for appetizers and then serve up a big bowl of these mussels with this Romaine with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette salad. Grilled bread rounds out the meal. Boom – dinner is done!!
The “secret” to this dish? Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter. Truth be told, I may need a self-help group because I am seriously obsessed with this butter and have been slathering it on everything from steamed and roasted veggies, to steaks, grilled bread… and don’t even get me started on potatoes!!
So, entertaining tip #2 – always keep a stick of Kerrygold’s Garlic Herb Butter in your refrigerator! Slather it on anything and everything that needs a little flavor boost -vegetables, fish, steak, chicken or your favorite burger – or slather it on grilled bread to go with these mussels.
Simple and satisfying entertaining at it’s best!!
Don’t believe me? Here’s a little video I shot that shows you just how easy it is…
KerrygoldUSA graciously provided samples of their cheese and butter. All opinions, as always, are mine and mine alone.
Other seafood recipes you might enjoy:
Quick Mussels with Garlic Herb Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mussels
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Clean and debeard the mussels.
- In a large saucepan with a lid, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and white pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook the mussels for 3 minutes, shaking the pan half way through.
- After 3 minutes remove the lid.
- The mussels are done when the shells have opened!
- Evenly divide the mussels between two shallow bowls.
- Divide the liquid evenly among the bowls.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.