This sunny, refreshing and easy Lemoncello Cocktail with Prosecco is a truly lovely way to celebrate the holidays!
Lemoncello (or the Italian Limoncello) is an Italian flavored liqueur that is produced in Southern Italy – although it is enjoyed throughout the whole country as an after dinner drink. If you’ve been to Rome, chances are good that this is the drink you were served after dinner. Once only available in liquor stores (or from someone who made their own!) it’s now widely available here in the U.S. !!
And if Lemoncello isn’t something that you currently have in your pantry – you should seriously consider adding a bottle – this Lemoncello Cocktail with Prosecco is reason enough but lemoncello has many other uses! It’s fabulous drizzled over fresh berries, vanilla ice cream or added to baked goods like This Sponge Cake with Lemoncello Cream and Strawberries or this Lemoncello Yogurt Cake.
So, at this festive time of year, let me close with a quote from one of my favorite Christmas movies!!
“Welcome Christmas, bring your cheer. Cheer to all Whos far and near.
Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp.
Christmas day will always be just as long as we have we.
Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart and hand in hand.“
Dr. Seuss, The Grinch
I wish each of you a truly joyous holiday and thank you for joining me here at A Communal Table!
So, cheers to all… and to all a Good NIght!
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 - 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 8 - 3 x ½ inch lemon rind strips
- ½ cup Lemoncello liqueur
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 750 mL bottle of Prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and food coloring.Stir with a spoon until the sugar is even colored. Pour into a shallow dish.
- To make lemon rind spirals, remove pith from the lemon rind. Using a skewer, wind the lemon rind tightly around the skewer and slide off. Set aside.
- Rub the rim of each glass with a cut lemon. Roll rims in the colored sugar and set aside.
- Just before serving, pour 1 Tbsp. of lemoncello into each of 8 glasses. Add 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice. Fill glass with sparking wine and garnish with a lemon spiral.