Sgroppino - a Venetian classic, is creamy, sweet and citrusy - and the best dessert cocktail, hands down! This Italian drink contains only 4 ingredients - no special skills required!
But this Italian cocktail.. swoon! So, how did this "so good I'd like to bathe in it" end up on the blog?
Well, it all goes back to my fall trip to Italy - and a couple night stint in Venice. That city always inspires me ...
..and I always come home with at least a few ideas of cocktails and recipes I want to make, and this Sgroppino drink/ dessert topped the list!
And I can guarantee, after one sip, you are going to want to make this Sgroppino cocktail recipe - it's perfecto!
- Lemon Sorbet - in Venice, the drink is made with gelato but finding a good gelato in the U.S. can be challenging so I modified the recipe using lemon sorbet.
- Prosecco - I used Prosecco but any dry, sparkling wine would work.
- Limoncello - that fabulous liqueur that ends almost every Italian meal! Read on if you'd like more information on Limoncello!
- Whipping Cream
- Lemon peel (optional) - garnish
- Fresh mint (optional) - garnish
How to make this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail:
- Let the lemon sorbet soften until it is just barely soft enough to scoop.
- Scoop into a large measuring cup or a small pitcher.
- Whisk the sorbet with the prosecco.
- Add the limoncello and the cream and whisk again - quickly and briskly! Don't over whisk since this helps melt the sorbet. You just want to incorporate the limoncello and cream!
- Divide between the glasses and serve!
You may need to make it once or twice... you know, to make sure you get it right?
Other Cocktail Recipes you shouldn't miss!
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail - made with grapefruit vodka!
- Tequila Cocktail - tequila and aperol are a surprisingly delicious combo!
- Vodka Martini - this one has a little twist!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would LOVE for you to give it a 5-star rating! Cheers! Nancy
Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail
- ½ cup lemon sorbet
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons limoncello
- 8 oz. Prosecco
- 2 strip lemon zest optional
- 2 sprigs fresh mint optional
- In a measuring cup or small pitcher add the sorbet.
- Add the prosecco and whisk to combine.
- Add the limoncello and cream and whisk rapidly.
- Divide between two champagne flutes or wineglasses.
- Do not over whisk the sorbet - otherwise your cocktail will be very thin! Whisk quickly and just enough to mix the ingredients.