Sweet and citrusy, this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail, is, hands down, the best dessert cocktail ever! 4 ingredients and no special skills required it’s a recipe everyone should have in their recipe box!
But this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail… swoon! So, how did this “so good I’d like to bathe in it” end up on the blog?
Well, it all goes back to my fall trip to Italy – and a couple night stint in Venice. That city always inspires me …
and I always come home with at least a few ideas of dishes I want to make – like this Shrimp with Crispy Pancetta, Tomatoes and Rosemary – which would make a fabulous first or main course – before moving to the um
main final course – this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail!
And I can guarantee, after one sip, you are going to want to make this drink!
So, we’d gone to dinner at Trattoria Rialto Novo and at the owner’s suggestion, ordered all the seafood specials of the night, served for the table.
It was mind-blowing. It was decadent – and at the end? I couldn’t have eaten one. more. thing.
But after such a meal, even stuffed as we were, we all wanted something a little sweet.
The owner, knowing exactly how we would feel after such a meal, quietly assembled a few ingredients and presented each of us with this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail – or, as it is known in Venice – Sgroppino.
It was sweet. It was lemony. It was creamy… and it was everything we didn’t know we wanted after dinner.
Until that first sip… ahhh…. perfecto!!
What you need to make this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail:
- Lemon Sorbet
How to make this Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail:
- Let the lemon sorbet soften until it is just barely soft enough to scoop.
- Scoop into a large measuring cup or a small pitcher.
- Whisk the sorbet with the prosecco.
- Add the limoncello and the cream and whisk again – briskly!
- Divide between the glasses and serve!
This is about the texture you want when you mix the sorbet with the prosecco! Don’t whisk too long or the sorbet will melt ?!
You may need to make it once or twice… you know, to make sure you get it right?
Creamy Lemon Prosecco Cocktail
- 1/2 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons limoncello
- 8 oz. Prosecco
- 2 strip lemon zest optional
- 2 sprigs fresh mint optional
- In a measuring cup or small pitcher add the sorbet.
- Add the prosecco and whisk to combine.
- Add the limoncello and cream and whisk rapidly.
- Divide between two champagne flutes or wineglasses.
- Do not over whisk the sorbet - otherwise your cocktail will be very thin! Whisk quickly and just enough to mix the ingredients.
Other cocktails you might enjoy: