Chambord is one of my favorite cocktail ingredients to work with and this Chambord Cocktail highlights everything I love about this liqueur! Before dinner sipping doesn’t get much better than this sweet, tart and juicy low alcohol cocktail!
Low alcohol cocktails are my latest passion/obsession. From the uber easy Adonis Cocktail to the heftier Bourbon Amaretto Cocktail,, these lower ABV drinks have amazing flavor without the punch of their higher octane counterparts. My newest addition to the collection, this Chambord Cocktail bursts with rich, deep and fruity flavors with just enough bitterness (from the Compari) to keep your taste buds dancing!
Not to mention that it’s a gorgeous color!!!
What you’ll need to make this Chambord Cocktail:
- fresh lime juice
Did I mention that this cocktail was also incredibly easy to make?
So what is Chambord and how do you drink it?
- A liqueur that is modeled after a liqueur produced in the Loire Valley of France during the late 17th century.
- It’s made from red and black raspberries, vanilla, citrus peel, honey, and cognac.
- Has a relatively low ABV of 16.5%
- You can drink it plain as an after-dinner drink.
- As a substitute for Creme de Cassis in a Kir Royale.
- Add some to a margarita or to a mojito.
- Try using this liqueur as a substitute for cocktails that use sweet vermouth like a Manhattan.
When to serve a Chambord Cocktail:
Just about anytime! All kidding aside this cocktail is truly versatile. Delicious as a before dinner drink, this gorgeous sipper is completely party ready. Make up a batch an hour or so before the party and leave out for guests to help themselves!
Late afternoon drinks and brunch are also great opportunities to enjoy this lighter cocktail!
How to make a Chambord Cocktail:
Step #1: Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake!
Step #2: Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 oz. Compari
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz. Chambord
- Combine the Campari, lime juice and Chambord in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 30 - 45 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.