This vodka spritzer recipe is what summer cocktails are all about. Simple, fruity, and bubbly, this 3 ingredient spritzer is the perfect party drink!
Simple vodka cocktails are the best- whether it’s a classic martini or a vodka sour, these party drinks are perfect for any occasion! And for summer, nothing beats this recipe for an easy, deliciously refreshing vodka spritzer.
5 reasons to make it
- It only has 3 ingredients!!!
- No shaking required – just pour over ice and you are good to go!
- Not a fan of raspberries? You can use almost any fruit so there is something for everyone.
- Works for brunch, lunch, or for sipping by the pool or on the porch.
- It’s pretty!
- Add ice to a rocks or tom collins’s glass.
- Add the raspberry syrup.
- Add the vodka.
- Top off with sparkling water.
- If you’re feeling fancy, garnish with a straw or two and a sprig of mint. Bonus – straws make great stirrers for this drink!
Generally, a spritzer refers to a wine spritzer- a mixed drink that combines white wine and soda water. A vodka spritzer replaces the wine with vodka and fruit or fruit juice, simple syrup or another sweetener.
Since this cocktail is made with sparkling water, you can’t make it ahead – but you definitely can make the syrup ahead!!!
Absolutely – that’s one of the best things about this cocktail!! Feel free to make the raspberry syrup or if you’re pressed for time, buy a premade syrup. You can even skip the syrup and simply crush up some fruit and add a little simple syrup to taste.
💭 Top tip
Mixing drinks for a crowd can be a challenge so let your guests mix their own! This is always a hit and a great ice breaker!
- Set out ice, glasses, vodka, raspberry syrup and sparkling water (or plain club soda) and some pretty straws.
- Add a card with the instructions for your guests to follow.
As I said, there are almost infinite ways to flavor this cocktail!
- Grenadine – substitute this pomegranate flavored syrup for the raspberry syrup for a deeper and richer flavor – perfect for the holidays.
- Fresh Fruit and simple syrup – grab a few strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or peach slices, crush them in a glass, add ice, some simple syrup to taste, vodka, and sparkling water!
Other Vodka Cocktails you may enjoy!
The Best Vodka Spritzer Recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Raspberry syrup
- 3 oz. club soda
- 1 sprig mint optional
- Fill a rocks, collins or wine glass with ice cubes. Add the raspberry mint syrup and vodka and top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Add a straw or straws and stir to mix. Garnish with mint if using and serve.
- I used raspberry sparkling water in this vodka spritzer but you could easily use club soda if that is what you have! I wouldn’t however use sparkling mineral water since mineral waters tend to have a “minerally taste” which I’m not fond of in this cocktail!
- Making this for a crowd? Although you can’t really make it ahead of time, you could easily let your guests make their own! Set out the vodka, syrup, sparkling water with plenty of ice and glasses. Write out the instructions and place next to the ingredients. This is always a hit at parties and is a great ice breaker!!