This Key Lime Martini may just be the perfect coconut and key lime juice cocktail. Not too sweet, not too sour, with just the right amount of creaminess, this tropical sipper smells divine and tastes even better! No longer relegated to the “after dinner drinks” category, this key lime Martini recipe is definitely one you can enjoy before and after dinner!
For this Key Lime Martini recipe you’ll need fresh key lime juice, good quality vodka, Cream of Coconut and simple syrup.
So, suffice it to say, if you’d told me a few weeks ago that I’d actually be posting a key lime martini recipe, I’d have said you were crazy.
But as they say, “never say never”! After receiving a bag of gorgeous key limes I decided to give this lime and coconut cocktail another try.
And I am so glad I did – and I think you will be too!
Sweet, creamy, sour with the unmistakeable taste and fragrance of coconut!
With only 4 ingredients.
No fancy flavored vodkas or liqueurs.
Which pretty much means I can whip this up this key lime martini whenever I see key limes in my local grocery store – which is almost every week this time of year!
Speaking of key limes, what exactly are they and why use them?
Most limes sold in the U.S. are persian limes, which are larger and less acidic. Key limes are small and round and contain more seeds. The juice is a bit more acidic, but the appeal of these limes is in their almost floral flavor and fragrance.
A variety of lime grown primarily in Mexico and West Indies. They were also grown in the Florida keys until they were wiped out by a hurricane in the
How to make this Key Lime Martini Recipe:
- Prep the lime juice:
Juice the limes. You can do this a few hours ahead of time if you like!
- Pour everything into a mixing tin:
Combine the vodka, lime juice, coconut cream and simple syrup in a shaker and shake with ice.
- Shake and Strain:
Double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime slice if you are feeling fancy!
Thirsty for more cocktail recipes? Check out these other vodka cocktails that are perfect for summer sipping!
Key Lime Martini
- 2 oz. vodka I used snow leopard
- 1 oz. key lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 oz. Cream of Coconut I used Coco Real
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 key lime slice optional
- Combine the vodka, key lime juice, cream of coconut and simple syrup in a shaker tin.
- Add ice and shake for 45 seconds. Double strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime slice if desired.
- Vodka – a nice, smooth vodka works beautifully in this cocktail! As a huge fan of Snow Leopard vodka, I highly recommend it! If you don’t have Snow Leopard, any good quality vodka works.
- Key lime juice: Fresh juice is key in this cocktail! You can juice the limes several hours before making the cocktail.
- Cream of Coconut: Not to be confused with the “cream” at the top of canned coconut milk, this is a sweetened version that designed for drinks and desserts. The most common brand is Coco Lopez. I used Coco Real (which is shelf stable, woo hoo!)