Last updated on November 20th, 2018 at 05:45 pm
This pumpkin spiced Kahlua and Cream is a cozy update to the classic White Russian drink! Spice-infused Kahlua is the “secret ingredient” of this fall and winter classic and is so good you might just forgo that pumpkin pie!
Kahlua and Cream, a.k.a. a White Russian was one of the few mixed drinks I liked when I was younger -with three simple ingredients it was a cocktail I could even make!. Over the years, I’ve gotten away from making them. Since I hadn’t had this White Russian drink in a while I tried it again – and well, it was kind of boring! But… I thought this little vodka cocktail had possibilities and so… I started tinkering.
Since I’m a huge fan of spice-infused cocktails – like this Citrus and Spice Kentucky Mule I thought that adding some spices to the classic White Russian ingredients would definitely make this Kahlua and Cream drink more interesting! I didn’t want to up the alcohol by adding another liqueur so I decided to try infusing the Kahlua itself.
I am sooo glad that I did! Ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice are just what this Kahlua and Cream cocktail needed… coffee and pumpkin pie spice after all is a winning combination for Starbucks, right?
So, let’s look at the ingredients you’ll need for this Kahlua and Cream:
Kahlua and Cream| White Russian Ingredients:
- Spice-infused Kahlua – or regular Kahlua if pumpkin pie spice isn’t your thing
- Good quality vodka
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make this White Russian Drink:
Step #1: Infuse your Kahlua! Combine the cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves in a small pint jar and pour Kahlua over it..
Step #2: After you’ve infused the Kahlua, you’re ready to make your Kahlua and Cream! Pour the kahlua over ice..
Step #2: Add the vodka and give it a little stir… then top with heavy whipping cream..
Step #3: You can garnish it with some freshly grated nutmeg and add a couple of cinnamon sticks for stirrers..
Now you can sit back and enjoy!!
Here are some other vodka cocktails you might enjoy…
Pumpkin Spiced Kahlua and Cream|White Russian Drink Recipe:
Pumpkin Spiced Kahlua and Cream|White Russian Drink
Spice Infused Kahlua
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 whole nutmeg
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 8 ounces Kahlua
For the Pumpkin Pie Spiced Kahlua and Cream
- 2 oz. good quality vodka
- 1 oz. Pumpkin Pie Spiced Kahlua
- 2 oz. heavy whippiing cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks optional
- freshly grated nutmeg optional
- Combine all the spices and the Kahlua in a lidded container. Cover and leave in a dark area for 4 to 7 days. After 4 days taste the infused Kahlua. If infused enough for your taste, strain the spices out and return to the container. If not, continue to infuse until you are happy with the flavor.
- For the infused Kahlua you need to use whole spices. Ground spices are ground too finely to strain out - which will give you a gritty Kahlua!
- To get a more layered cocktail, you can pour the cream over the back of a spoon!