This Mexican Mule is a must for all tequila lovers! Made with spicy ginger beer, tequila, lime and pineapple, this easy sipper just needs a side of chips and salsa - and a lazy afternoon or evening!
If you love a good margarita, you are going to love this easy Mexican mule cocktail!
Mexican Mule aka Tequila Mule
This Mexican Mule combines two things I love - Tequila and the moscow mule! So what is a mule? At it's most basic, it's a combination of vodka, ginger beer and lime juice.
And love it I did! Combining tequila and lime (hello Margarita!) is a classic. But Tequila and ginger beer? Genius! It's sweet, tart, and a little spicy with hints of vanilla and caramel - I was really tempted to have more than one of these - it was that good!
This "adult beverage" is perfect for hanging out by the pool, or as the signature cocktail at your next fiesta!
What's in a Mexican Mule?
- Tequila - Most recipes call for silver tequila, which works nicely. My recommendation? Try it with Reposado, a smoother tequila that has lovely caramel flavors and terrific match for spicy ginger beer!
- Ginger Beer - you definitely want ginger beer versus ginger ale in this cocktail. I am partial to Fever-Tree, but use whatever ginger beer you like! TIP: For a non-alcoholic version - just omit the tequila! The combo of ginger beer - which is non-alcoholic, lime and pineapple is delicious!i
- Fresh Lime juice- with such a simple cocktail recipe, the ingredients really do make a huge difference! Bottled lime juice just doesn't do this drink justice!
- Fresh pineapple chunks- This is completely optional, but I absolutely love it in this cocktail. If you've never tried this combo, I highly recommend it!
How to Make a Mexican Mule
- Add a lime wedge and pineapple wedge (if using) to the bottom of a chilled copper mug or an old fashioned glass.
- Using a muddler or the back of a spoon, muddle the lime and pineapple.
- Add the tequila give it a quick stir.
- Add ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel, fresh mint and pineapple if desired!
Other Mule Cocktails you're going to want to try!
- Irish Mule - Jameson's and ginger beer!
- Gin Gin Mule - gin and ginger beer - what could be better!
- Rum Moscow Mule - Rum and ginger are a classic combo!
For all my Tequila Cocktail fans!
- Aperol Cocktail - this tequila drink is amazingly good!
- Margarita on the Rocks - honestly the BEST one I've ever had!
- Tamarind Margarita - should be on every Margarita lover's list!
- El Diablo Cocktail - Tequila, Creme de Cassis and ginger beer - rich and spicy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love for you to leave me a comment and rate it! Cheers! Nancy
Mexican Mule |Tequila and ginger Beer
- 1 ½ oz. Tequila Silver or Reposado
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 wedge pineapple
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- Combine the lime wedge and pineapple (if using) in the bottom of a chilled glass or moscow mule mug.
- Muddle the lime with the pineapple.
- Add tequila and stir.
- Add ice and top with the ginger beer.
- For a spicy variation, muddle a slice or two of a jalapeno in the bottom of the glass or mug!
- If you plan on making this cocktail for a crowd:
- Use ¼ oz. fresh lime juice per drink.
- Combine the tequila and the lime juice and stir in the pineapple if using.
- For each drink, measure out 1 ¾ oz. of the tequila and lime mixture.
- Top each with ginger beer and garnish with lime slices or wedges!