This Mexican Mule is a must for all tequila lovers! Made with spicy ginger beer, tequila, lime and pineapple, this easy sipper just needs a side of chips and salsa – and a lazy afternoon or evening! If you love a good margarita, you are going to love this easy Mexican mule cocktail!
It’s no secret that Moscow mule variations are a favorite here at ACT. Whether it’s a Rum Mule, Whiskey Mule, Ruby Red Moscow Mule to a good old fashioned Kentucky Mule, we’ve never found a variation we didn’t love.
This Mexican Mule cocktail recipe is simple, sweet and a little spicy – the perfect “adult beverage” for hanging out by the pool, or as the signature cocktail at your next fiesta!
Mexican Mule FAQ’s
Tequila – Use your favorite cocktail tequila! Most recipes call for silver tequila, which works nicely. My recommendation? Try it with Reposado!! Smoother, with caramel flavors, it’s a natural with spicy ginger beer!
Ginger Beer – you definitely want ginger beer versus ginger ale in this cocktail. I am partial to Fever Tree, but use whatever ginger beer you like!
Fresh Lime juice– with such a simple cocktail recipe, the ingredients really do make a huge difference! Bottled lime juice just doesn’t do this drink justice!
Fresh pineapple chunks– This is completely optional, but I absolutely love it in this cocktail. If you’ve never tried this combo, I highly recommend it!
You don’t have to serve a mule cocktail in a copper mug! But, aside from looking really cool, a copper mug keeps your cocktail really cold – which is what you want!
They are definitely different. Ginger beer has a more pronounced flavor than ginger ale. For a more in-depth discussion of the differences, check out my Gin and Ginger Ale cocktail!
How to make this Tequila and ginger beer cocktail:
- Add a lime wedge and pineapple wedge (if using) to the bottom of a chilled copper mug.
- Using a muddler or the back of a spoon, muddle the lime and pineapple.
- Add the tequila give it a quick stir.
- Add ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel, fresh mint and pineapple if desired!
Other Tequila Cocktails to quench your thirst!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love for you to leave me a comment and rate it! Cheers! Nancy
Mexican Mule |Tequila and ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila Silver or Reposado
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 wedge pineapple
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- Combine the lime wedge and pineapple (if using) in the bottom of a chilled glass or moscow mule mug.
- Muddle the lime with the pineapple.
- Add tequila and stir.
- Add ice and top with the ginger beer.
- For a spicy variation, muddle a slice or two of a jalapeno in the bottom of the glass or mug!
- If you plan on making this cocktail for a crowd:
- Use 1/4 oz. fresh lime juice per drink.
- Combine the tequila and the lime juice and stir in the pineapple if using.
- For each drink, measure out 1 3/4 oz. of the tequila and lime mixture.
- Top each with ginger beer and garnish with lime slices or wedges!