Welcome summer with this Aperol Tequila Cocktail – the
When it comes to tequila, I’m pretty much in the margarita camp – and if you’ve been reading a while, you’ll
But tequila is far from a “one trick pony” spirit, and I decided that it was high time to start exploring other cocktails with tequila. Ah, but where to start?
Well, I had a very large bottle of Patron Silver in the bar so
And I’m really glad I did! Refreshing and citrusy, with just a trace of bitterness from the Aperol, this tequila cocktail was made for warm summer evenings spent on the patio
To make this Tequila cocktail you’re going to need:
- a Blanco tequila like Patron Silver
- fresh lemon juice
- Elderflower liqueur
- Cocktail shaker and a jigger or measuring spoons
What is Aperol?
An Italian Aperitif, it’s made from a number of botanicals including cinchona, rhubarb, and gentian. With a low ABV (alcohol by volume) of 11%, Aperol is ideal for drinking by itself or as an ingredient in a cocktail.
What Does Aperol Taste Like?
Aperol is sweet, with a strong orange/mandarin flavor. Like most aperitif’s, it has a bitter edge to it, but it’s far less bitter than Compari.
What can you substitute for Aperol?
Compari is the best substitute but it lacks Aperol’s strong orange flavor. You can find Aperol in most liquor stores and even some grocery stores. It’s not very expensive and really versatile – definitely something you’ll want in your liquor collection!
Do you need to refrigerate Aperol?
If you plan to use it quickly, there is no need to refrigerate Aperol. If you plan to keep it around for a while, refrigerating it will help preserve it’s flavor.
How to make this Tequila Aperol Cocktail
- Combine the Tequila, Aperol, lemon juice and elderflower liqueur in a shaker.
- Shake the cocktail for 10 seconds.
- Place ice in a rocks glass and pour the cocktail over. Garnish with an orange twist if desired.
Other Tequila Cocktails you may enjoy.
If you liked this Aperol Tequila cocktail, I’d love for you to give it a 5 star rating! Cheers! Nancy
Tequila Cocktail Recipe
Aperol Tequila Cocktail – Part Time Lover
- 1 1/2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1/2 oz. aperol
- 1/2 oz. elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- orange peel for garnish
- Place ice in a shaker. Add all the ingredients. Shake for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour over ice and garnish with an orange peel.