Welcome summer with this Aperol Tequila Cocktail – the
When it comes to tequila, I’m pretty much in the margarita camp – and if you’ve been reading a while, you’ll
But tequila is far from a “one trick pony” spirit, and I decided that it was high time to start exploring other cocktails with tequila. Ah, but where to start?
Well, I had a very large bottle of Patron Silver in the bar so
To make this Tequila cocktail you’re going to need:
- a Blanco tequila like Patron Silver
- fresh lemon juice
- Elderflower liqueur
- Cocktail shaker and a jigger or measuring spoons
An Aperitif, Aperol is made from a number of botanicals including cinchona, rhubarb and gentian and has a relatively low (11%ABV) alcohol content.
It has a strong orange/mandarin flavor and a less bitter taste than most aperitifs. Aperol is delicious both straight and in cocktails!
Compari is the best substitute although it doesn’t have the same orange flavor and is higher in alcohol.
Aperol is shelf stable so you don’t need to refrigerate it!
And I’m really glad I did! Refreshing and citrusy, with just a trace of bitterness from the Aperol, this tequila cocktail was made for warm summer evenings spent on the patio
How to make this Tequila Aperol Cocktail
- Step #1: Combine ingredients in a shaker. Combine the Tequila, Aperol, lemon juice and elderflower liqueur in a shaker.
- Step #2: Shake the cocktail for 10 seconds.
- Step #3: Place ice in a rocks glass and pour the cocktail over. Garnish with an orange twist if desired.
Other Tequila Cocktails you may enjoy.
If you liked this Aperol Tequila cocktail, I’d love for you to give it a 5 star rating!
Tequila Cocktail Recipe:
Aperol Tequila Cocktail – Part Time Lover
- 1 1/2 oz. blanco tequila
- 1/2 oz. aperol
- 1/2 oz. elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- orange peel for garnish
- Place ice in a shaker. Add all the ingredients. Shake for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour over ice and garnish with an orange peel.