This Butter Cake with Boozy Berries is the perfect cake to kick off summer! An oh – so -easy butter cake recipe topped with raspberry liqueur infused berries, is buttery with just enough sweetness, its the perfect ending to a almost any meal – dinner, brunch or lunch!
This easy butter cake recipe is the ideal base to showcase the bounty of summer fruit – especially if that fruit is doused with a “little somethin” like raspberry liquer! This butter cake is also a great way to use up that fruit if you ahem went overboard on buying at last weekend’s farmers market!
The basic recipe works with almost any fruit – here I have made it with fresh blackberries and raspberries but you can also make it with apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums or apples. Terrific plain, it’s also good with a little whipped cream or ice cream.
The beauty of it is that it can be made pretty much on the spur of the moment – it only requires basic pantry ingredients. Of course, you can “gussy it up” by adding spices, or adding nuts. Although I usually serve this as a dessert, I have been told by certain members of my household (who shall remain nameless) that it also makes a terrific breakfast cake!
Ingredients for Butter Cake:
- baking powder
Ingredients for the Raspberry Liqueur Soaked Berries:
- blackberries or blueberries
- Raspberry Liqueur such as Chambord
How to Make this Easy Butter Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Combine the berries, sugar and raspberry liqueur in a bowl..
Using either a stand mixer or a large bowl and a handheld mixer, combine the sugar and butter and cream together…
Add the eggs and mix. Then add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Spread in a springform pan. This butter cake batter is very stiff and will barely come up the sides of the pan, don’t worry!
Step #4: Then top with the raspberry liqueur infused berries… and bake!
Then dust with a little powdered sugar and serve!
Like cake? Then you might just love these!
- Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Blueberry Compote
- Fresh Fruit Cake
- Grape Olive Oil Cake
- Lillet Rhubarb Shortcakes
- One Pan Brown Sugar and Nutmeg Cake
Like this recipe? Leave me a comment and rate it!!!
This Butter Cake with Boozy Berries is the perfect cake to kick off summer! An oh - so -easy butter cake recipe topped with raspberry liqueur infused berries, is buttery with just enough sweetness, its the perfect ending to a almost any meal - dinner, brunch or lunch!
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. port or Chambord
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Butter: For this recipe I used a basic grocery store brand that works just fine. However, a butter with a higher percentage of butterfat will taste a bit richer.
- You can definitely make this recipe without liqueur. Just toss the berries with the sugar and let sit while you make the butter cake batter.
- Liqueur: I used Chambord in this recipe (which is what I had) but any raspberry liqueur will work! Creme de Cassis makes a great substitute - I like the Mathilde brand but Hiram Walker works well too!
- This cake tastes best the day it's made, but you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 - 4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- If you like this recipe, you would probably love my fig cake with ginger syrup or this Caramel Pineapple Cake .