This Butter Cake with Boozy Berries is the perfect cake to kick off summer! An oh – so -easy butter cake recipe topped with raspberry liqueur infused berries, is buttery with just enough sweetness, its the perfect ending to a almost any meal – dinner, brunch or lunch!
This easy butter cake recipe is the ideal base to showcase the bounty of summer fruit – especially if that fruit is doused with a “little somethin” like raspberry liquer! This butter cake is also a great way to use up that fruit if you ahem went overboard on buying at last weekend’s farmers market!
The basic recipe works with almost any fruit – here I have made it with fresh blackberries and raspberries but you can also make it with apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums or apples. Terrific plain, it’s also good with a little whipped cream or ice cream.
The beauty of it is that it can be made pretty much on the spur of the moment – it only requires basic pantry ingredients. Of course, you can “gussy it up” by adding spices, or adding nuts. Although I usually serve this as a dessert, I have been told by certain members of my household (who shall remain nameless) that it also makes a terrific breakfast cake!
Ingredients for Butter Cake:
- baking powder
Ingredients for the Raspberry Liqueur Soaked Berries:
- blackberries or blueberries
- Raspberry Liqueur such as Chambord
How to Make this Easy Butter Cake Recipe:
Step 1: Combine the berries, sugar and raspberry liqueur in a bowl..
Using either a stand mixer or a large bowl and a handheld mixer, combine the sugar and butter and cream together…
Add the eggs and mix. Then add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Spread in a springform pan. This butter cake batter is very stiff and will barely come up the sides of the pan, don’t worry!
Step #4: Then top with the raspberry liqueur infused berries… and bake!
Then dust with a little powdered sugar and serve!
Like cake? Then you might just love these!
- Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Blueberry Compote
- Fresh Fruit Cake
- Grape Olive Oil Cake
- Lillet Rhubarb Shortcakes
- One Pan Brown Sugar and Nutmeg Cake
- Caramelized Pineapple Coconut Cake
Like this recipe? Leave me a comment and rate it!!!
Butter Cake with Boozy Berries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur I used Chambord
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the berries and port and stir to combine. set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter with the 3/4 cup sugar until mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each egg. At low speed, slowly add flour mixture and mix just until combined, do not overmix!
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan. Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of the pan and then, using a slotted spoon, spoon berries on top of cake batter, spreading evenly.
- Drizzle remaining port on top of berries. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until cake is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Using a thin-bladed knife, run a knife around outside of the cake to loosen it and remove cake rim. Slice and serve!