Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better… Melissas Produce went and introduced NEW produce collections. The newest additions are – Organic Purification Boxes! Melissas graciously sent me the Organic Purification Box B to play with… and play I did! Overflowing with grape tomatoes, leaf lettuce, spinach, romaine, beets, sweet potato, cucumber, ginger, garlic, apple, kiwi and orange, these boxes are a bonanza for juicing – or in my case, for making salads – like this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Beets and Siracha dressing.
If you are like me, you can’t always make it to your weekly farmer’s market,. Well, Melissas has solved that problem – the “market” can come to you!!! Filled with beautiful, fresh and nutritious vegetables these Organic Purification boxes area a terrific and easy way to add more vegetables to your diet. So what can you do with Melissa’s Organic Purification Boxes? The possibilities are almost endless as I discovered when I started making a list of everything I could make with all the ingredients in the box!
Looking for some ideas? Well, here are some delicious ways to use those veggies! The tomatoes and Romaine would be perfect in this Romaine Salad with Hatch Chiles (making use of those Melissa’s Hatch chiles you roasted and froze from last season). The kiwi would be terrific in this Strawberry and Kiwifruit Pavlova and the beets and sweet potatoes? This Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Beets and Siracha dressing is just the thing. Tender roasted sweet potatoes and beets combined with an orange siracha dressing, the salad is sweet, spicy and chock full of vitamin A and C, fiber, iron and calcium.
Like Melissa’s other fabulous produce boxes, these Organic Purification boxes are available for $25.00 and include delivery within Southern California (if you live outside So Cal you can still order the boxes however the delivery cost will be higher due to shipping). I think this would make a terrific Mother’s Day gift, or a gift for a recent graduate… or even better, order these for yourself – truly one of the best “gifts” you can give yourself and your family – fresh, delicious and nutritious produce!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Beets and Siracha Dressing
- 1 Melissas Organic Beet
- 1 Melissas Organic Sweet Potato
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided use
- 1 Melissas Organic Orange juiced
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tsp. Siracha sauce
- ¼ cup fresh goat cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the stems from the beets and wrap in aluminum foil and place on a sheet pan. Roast the beets in the oven for approximately 40 - 50 minutes or until the beets are tender when pierced with a knife. Cool.. When cool, peel and cut into slices.
- Spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray. Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1 inch chunks. Place on the sheet pan and toss with 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Roast the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the orange juice siracha sauce and honey. Whisk to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide the beets and sweet potatoes between 2 salad plates. Drizzle with the siracha dressing and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the goat cheese and cilantro. Serve
- The beet and sweet potato can be roasted 1 day ahead. For the best flavor, make the dressing shortly before serving.