Last Updated on
Creamy, smoky and citrusy, this Romaine Salad with Green Hatch Chile Dressing will have you licking the spoon – or eating a lot more salad! Roasted green hatch chiles, limes and cilantro give this dressing it’s zippy flavor that also makes a fabulous dipping sauce.
Well, we are still feelin’ the green Hatch chile love over here so I’ve got another recipe for you using these fabulous chiles! (You have, of course, already run out and got some, r-i-g-h-h-t???)
Phew.. you had me worried there for a minute!!
So, now that you have these hatch green chiles (and you’ve already made the queso) what else are you going to do with them? Well, you could make some salsa, add them to your favorite tacos, put them in a quesadilla… or you can make a Romaine Salad with Green Hatch Chile Dressing!
This hatch green chile dressing just might be the perfect vehicle for hatch green chiles… creamy, smoky with an herbal citrus tang. While it’s fabulous on this salad… can you imagine it as a dipping sauce for potatoes??? Or just for veggies??? Or just the back of a spoon??
And yes, it really is that good!
So, raid your stash of hatch green chiles and make this dressing!
Romaine Salad with Hatch Chile Dressing
- 1 cup Mexican Crema Fresca or Sour Cream
- 1 - 2 roasted hot Hatch Chiles
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salad ingredients:
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels roasted or toasted in a skillet
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until the chiles, garlic and cilantro are finely minced. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Combine the romaine, corn, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Gently toss salad and drizzle with the dressing.
- Hatch chiles vary in heat! So if you are a bit sensitive to heat, start with half of the hatch chile amount listed. Taste the dressing and if you want it a bit spicier, add more hatch chiles.
- This dressing is fabulous on salads, but also makes a delicious dipping sauce for wings!