Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 02:46 pm
This post was sponsored by Quaker ®Oats. As always, all opinions are mine. This easy No Bake Flax Oatmeal Bars recipe is a snap to make and just the thing to have on hand for busy days. Filled with oats, flax and almond butter, these oatmeal bars are so good, you may never buy an energy bar again!
Like everyone else, my New Year’s resolution included eating a more nutrient dense diet. Although I eat well most days, it’s those times when I’m busy that it creates a problem – I tend to grab whatever is handy – which is not always very healthy!!
Since nutritious “grab and go” snacks are my best defense on busy days, I recently made a batch of these oatmeal bars… yum!!!
Made with Quaker® Oats, flax, spices and almond butter, these oatmeal bars not only satisfy my hunger but are delicious!
If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you know I’m a huge fan of oats.. for so many reasons. Not only are they versatile and delicious, but they can also contribute to your digestive health. A bowl of Quaker ® Oats contains 4 grams of fiber and fiber keeps things moving through your system and that is definitely a healthy move!
Now do you see why I’m such a fan???
As I mentioned, these No Bake Flax Oatmeal Bars are made with Quaker ®Oats – an iconic American brand that has been in business for over 140 years and my favorite choice for oats!
Now, about these No Bake Flax Oatmeal Bars! Not only are these bars delicious, but they are so simple to make!
Step 1: Combine the oats, spices, flax and cranberries…
Step 2: Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then mix the two together….
Step 3: Press the mixture into a foil lined loaf pan and top with sliced almonds…
Step 4: Then pop into the refrigerator for a couple of hours and viola! You have a delicious “grab and go” snack with all the benefits of oats!!
No Bake Flax Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups Quaker Oats quick or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flax seed, cinnamon and ginger. Stir in cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together almond butter, water, honey and almond extract.
- Add to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture holds together.
- Line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with foil, leaving some foil hanging over the sides.
- Spray with non stick spray and press mixture evenly into the pan.
- Top with sliced almonds, pressing lightly.
- Cover with overhanging foil and refrigerate until firm and set, about 2 hours.
- To serve, remove oat mixture from the pan. Cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 12 bars.
- Store covered, at room temperature up to two days or refrigerated, covered, up to one week.