Taaa daaaa!!!!! It’s finished!!! As you may have noticed, A Communal Table has a whole new look!!!! I decided that in honor of A Communal Table’s 5 year anniversary it was more than time for a makeover and so I contacted the uber talented team an Anchored Design. Over the last few weeks Aimee and her team have been hard at work transforming my bare bones blog into this gorgeous new space – they did an amazing job and I am beyond excited about my new “home”!!!
So, I decided to celebrate with a little party – because if you’ve read this blog for a while you know that I LOVE parties!!!!
The last 5 years have been an amazing journey of learning and discovery – and you, my readers have been a huge part of that – your comments and your support mean more than I can possibly express and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
And so, I have a little present for you to celebrate – my first E book – a “Party Planning Guide”!!!
Drawing on my over 12 years as a personal chef/caterer I’ve answered that question that terrifies virtually every hostess -“how much food do I need for my party?” Armed with this handy little guide you can calculate how much food to buy or prepare for your party and stop worrying if you’ve bought too much – or worse, that you will run out!!!
So subscribe today to A Communal Table and receive your free copy of my Party Planning Guide!
And since no party would be complete without a special beverage, I have a lovely cocktail for you too – a Kumquat and Ginger Sparkler!! A simple syrup of kumquats and ginger topped off with a bit of bubbly!!!
An Anniversary Celebration Cocktail
- For the Kumquat Ginger Syrup
- 1 cup roughly chopped kumquats
- 1 - one inch piece of ginger chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the Celebration Cocktail
- 1/2 oz. Kumquat Ginger Syrup
- 4 oz. cold brut champagne or sparkling wine
- Kumquat Ginger Syrup Directions: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Using a spoon, lightly mash the kumquats. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Strain into a clean glass jar and refrigerate.
- For the Celebration Cocktail:
- Pour 1/2 oz. Kumquat and Ginger Syrup into a champagne flute or coupe. Top with champagne and enjoy!!