This Vegetable Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is an easy vegetarian recipe that is full of legumes, greens, vegetables and grains.
I gobbled, I wobbled and now it's time for some nutritious, easy vegetarian meals before the next onslaught of rich and decadent deliciousness. Like this Rainbow Vegetable Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Are you with me? Good!
After the food coma I've just emerged from, this is just what I'm craving. The first time I had this salad was during my recent trip to Scotland where I picked up a salad to eat on the train from Edinburgh to London.
Because after that much great food and whiskey... well, I needed vegetables.... and legumes.. and greens.
And this Vegetable Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, which is chock full of vegetables, grains, legumes and dressed in a sweet and tart vinaigrette, is just what the doctor ordered.
Sitting on the train, I greedily gobbled it up, and then, like any other self respecting food blogger, I copied down all the ingredients with the plan to re create this salad once I got home. Which I have - a couple of times - tweaking this or that until I was happy with the result.
And it is just as good as I remembered. It's cool, crunchy, sweet, tart and just so darn good - it simply oozes nutrition and I can guarantee you'll feel very virtuous about eating this salad.
And at this time of year, we all wish to be a bit more virtuous, right???
Vegetable Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Honey Lime Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic puree
- ¼ teaspoon salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 ½ cups cooked Harvest Grains Blend or a a mixture your favorite grains/legumes
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup red bell pepper cut into ¼ inch dice
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds
- For the Dressing:
- Combine the lime juice and honey in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the salt, vinegar, pomegranate juice and garlic puree. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil. Taste, adding more salt/pepper if desired.
- For the salad, combine the arugula, harvest grains blend, carrots, bell pepper, edamame, mint and parsley leaves in a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with 6 Tablespoons of the Honey Lime Dressing and toss. Taste, adding more dressing if desired. Divide salad among 4 plates and sprinkle each plate with 2 Tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds and sunflower/pumpkin seeds