Last updated on December 4th, 2018 at 06:07 pm
This Two Ingredient Crustless Cheesecake dessert recipe is easy and makes a perfect last-minute dessert that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Sweetened condensed milk makes this dessert incredibly easy to make. Known as Bahpa Doi, which means “steamed yogurt” this dessert is from Bengal, India.
As readers of the Table know, I am not one for overly complicated or heavy dessert recipes. Desserts like Strawberries and Cream Brulee, Cinnamon Spiced Panna Cotta with Apple Cider Compote and Butter Cake with Boozy Berries are all fit that bill. So, whenever I come across a dessert recipe that is (a) easy and (b) sounds delicious I am very game to try it… and when I came across this recipe for Bhapa Doi, or Two Ingredient Crustless Cheesecake, I was beyond intrigued.
Originally made from heated milk mixed with sugar and fermented overnight in earthenware containers, the modern version is made with two simple ingredients that you probably have on hand – sweetened condensed milk and plain greek yogurt.
The result is a “cheesecake like” dessert that you can dress up or dress down – I kept it very simple here with just a garnish of fresh mango – but I could easily see adding fresh berries, peaches or nectarines… and maybe ahem doused with a liquor of your choice! This two ingredient crustless cheesecake could also be flavored with a variety of spices – vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamon all come to mind.
I know… my decadence truly knows no bounds – LOL!!!
But honestly, the simplicity and versatility of this dessert is unique …. and why I think this belongs in your recipe collection!!
So, what flavors would you add to this dessert? I’d love to hear your ideas!!
Two Ingredient Crustless Cheesecake
- 2 cups plain full fat greek style yogurt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk Nestle brand preferred
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mango berries, passionfruit, bananas, etc., etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated cinnamon nutmeg, cardamon, ginger, etc., etc. or a mixture like pumpkin or apple pie spice.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt and sweetened condensed milk and spices if using. Mix with a whisk to thoroughly combine. Spoon the yogurt mixture into 6 ramekins ( 3 1/2 inches by 2 inches) dividing equally. Place ramekins in a glass rectangular baking pan. Pour hot water into the baking pan so that it comes up 1/2 way around the ramekins. Place pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife tip into a ramekin to check for doneness. If it comes out clean, the cheesecakes are ready! If not, bake for another minute and check again.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven and let cool. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.