Last updated on November 8th, 2018 at 01:29 pm
This One hour Tender Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil has amazing beef flavor like more expensive cuts of meat – but at a fraction of the price! A simple cooking technique results in a moist and delicious roast that’s weeknight easy!
Growing up, we had a beef Eye of Round roast almost EVERY single Sunday for dinner at my Grandmother’s house… so I consider myself somewhat of an expert on this under appreciated cut of beef. My Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil updates her recipe and yields incredibly juicy and tender meat – in under an hour!
So what exactly is an Eye of Round Roast?
Cut from the “Round” section of the cow – (which is basically the back end of the cow!) this meat is typically very lean, well muscled and somewhat tough. Cooked properly though, and this Tender Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil is tender, juicy and absolutely delicious!!!
So, how do you cook a tender and juicy Eye of Round roast?
I’ll walk you through how cook this Tender Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil…
Step #1: First, blot your roast with a paper towel and season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper…
Step #2: Heat an ovenproof skillet over high heat and add a little canola oil or olive oil. When the oil just begins to shimmer, add the roast and sear it on each side – about 3 to 4 minutes per side should do it!
Step #3: Then this lovely Eye of the Round Roast goes into the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes….
Step #4: While it’s cooking, chop up your herbs for the herb oil….
Step #5: Then pull that roast out of the oven and let it rest!!
Step #6: Slice thinly and drizzle with the Herb Infused Oil!
There are lots of sides that would pair well with this Tender Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil – maybe some Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole or these Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate and Balsamic Vinegar.
Other beef round recipes you might enjoy!
If you enjoyed this eye of round recipe, I’d love for you to leave me a comment and rate it!
Eye of Round Roast Recipe:
Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil
- 2 lbs Eye of Round Roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive or canola oil
Herb Infused Oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin Olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano
- Remove roast from refrigerator approximately 45 minutes before cooking. Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a heavy bottomed, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the two tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Blot the roast dry with a paper towel and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the roast to the pan and sear for 3 - 4 minutes or until the roast easily releases from the pan. Turn the roast over and sear on the other side.
- Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 115 degrees. Remove the roast from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and place on a cutting board. Slice into 1/2 inch slices and serve.
Herb Infused Oil
- Chop up 1/4 cup of assorted herbs.
- Pour the olive oil into a small saucepan and lightly warm the oil over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the herbs and stir.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes to infuse the oil. Do not store excess herb infused oil.