Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Romaine Salad with Hatch Chile Dressing
Creamy, smoky and citrusy, this Romaine Salad with Green Hatch Chile Dressing will have you licking the spoon - or eating a lot more salad! Roasted green hatch chiles, limes and cilantro give this dressing it's zippy flavor that also makes a fabulous dipping sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Mexican Crema Fresca or Sour Cream
- 1 - 2 roasted hot Hatch Chiles
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salad ingredients:
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels roasted or toasted in a skillet
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
Combine all the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until the chiles, garlic and cilantro are finely minced. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Combine the romaine, corn, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Gently toss salad and drizzle with the dressing.
- Hatch chiles vary in heat! So if you are a bit sensitive to heat, start with half of the hatch chile amount listed. Taste the dressing and if you want it a bit spicier, add more hatch chiles.
- This dressing is fabulous on salads, but also makes a delicious dipping sauce for wings!
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 17.4mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 1.6mg