Last Updated on
Chocolate, almonds and toffee come together in these easy, one bowl Almond Toffee Bars that are ready to devour in under 1 hour!!!
It may be 80+ degrees outside, but the calendar says it’s “fall” – and my calendar is starting to look like somebody had a confetti party. Which means a little less time for cooking.
I am soooo not ok with that. But I am very, very ok with these One Bowl Almond Toffee Bars.
For a lot of reasons. First off, these bars are everything I think a “good bar cookie” should be. A little bit crunchy, with a rich, buttery crust and just enough chocolate to feel indulgent. Add in a little toffee for that salty/sweet contrast and some sliced almonds for balance – and I don’t need to tell you that that combination just works. Bonus is that you only need one bowl and a baking pan – which, if you play your cards right and line it with foil, means only one thing to wash.
And seriously, who wouldn’t be ok with that???
Other cookie bar recipes you may enjoy:
One Bowl Almond Toffee Bars
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk and beat until incorporated. Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Dough will be very stiff.
- Line a 9 inch metal baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Distribute the dough evenly across the bottom of the pan, pressing the dough down until you have an even layer.
- Bake the dough for 25 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the chocolate chips over the hot crust. Return the pan to the oven for 5 minutes or until the chips have melted. Remove the pan from the oven and using an offset spatula, spread the melted chocolate chips evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the almonds and the toffee bits on top. Let bars and cool and then refrigerate until cold. Using the foil, carefully lift the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into bars.