Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Skillet Chicken Biryani
A riff on the classic Indian Chicken Biryani, this Easy Skillet Chicken Biryani recipe has all the flavor of a traditional Biryani.
- Pam olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 10 oz. can Ro*Tel tomatoes mild or spicy
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice preferable Basmati
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
Liberally coat a large skillet with Pam olive oil spray.
Over medium high heat, add the onion and saute for 2 minutes
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the spices and cook for another minute.
Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned but not cooked through.
Add the Ro*Tel tomatoes,raisins, lime juice and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the rice and water. Stir to combine.
Bring mixture to a boil and cover.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove lid and stir. If water remains, remove lid, increase the heat, and cook for another minute.
Stir in minced cilantro and serve!
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.2mg