Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Honey Bourbon Old Fashioned
Sweet and smooth, this Honey Bourbon Old Fashioned is a delicious twist on the classic old-fashioned cocktail and made for fireside sipping!
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 oz. high quality bourbon Elijah Craig or Woodford Reserve
- ½ oz. Cointreau or a good quality Triple Sec
- 1 spoon orange blossom honey
- 3 dashes orange bitters I used Regan's
In a glass, mix the bourbon, Cointreau, orange blossom honey and bitters together with ice.
Garnish with a candied orange slice or fresh orange slice.
- For this bourbon old fashioned, use a good quality bourbon. I like both Elijah Craig and Woodford Reserve. Jack Daniel's would also work, but I find it's a bit rougher for a cocktail such as this one.
- As for the orange liqueur, I used Cointreau, but any good quality Triple Sec works well. You could also use Grand Marnier, but the drink will have a bit more kick to it!
- This is a great cocktail to batch for parties. Just mix up the ingredients (sans ice) then measure into a glass with ice, stir and garnish!
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 22g