Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Cheesy Potatoes
So easy, so cheesy, this is the potato side dish you'll make again and again!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups. hashbrown potatoes defrosted
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Defrost potatoes overnight in the refrigerator or under warm running water.
In a large bowl combine the potatoes, sour cream, sliced green onions, and ¾ cup shredded cheese. Stir to thoroughly combine.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pyrex casserole. Top with remaining shredded cheese and sprinkle paprika on top.
Bake for 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and bubbling.
- This potato side dish goes with just about anything! I love to serve it with this Eye of Round Roast with Herb Infused Oil or with this Grilled Rib Eye with Salsa Verde.
- It also makes a great addition to a brunch buffet!
- You can assemble this hashbrown potato recipe up to a day in advance and refrigerate it.
- I think it tastes best right out of the oven, but it also makes terrific leftovers.
- Although you could use pre-shredded cheese - don't! The anti-caking agent they add to pre-shredded cheese dries the cheese out a bit and so it doesn't melt as well- and this casserole is all about that melted cheese!
- Also, use full-fat sour cream. Low fat sour cream gives the potatoes a gritty taste which is definitely not what you want!
- The recipe doubles or triples perfectly so it's great for serving a crowd!
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Calcium: 337mg | Iron: 2.1mg