Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Fig and Bourbon Smash
This Bourbon Smash cocktail may just be the easiest cocktail you've never heard of! Sweet, juicy summer fruit and bourbon combine in a sweet and tangy summer sipper.
Servings: 4 cocktails
- 4 Black Mission or Brown Turkey Figs quartered
- 8 oz. good bourbon
- 3 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. high quality honey
- 8 mint leaves
- 12 oz. club soda or sparkling water
- 1 fig quartered (optional)
- 4 sprigs mint optional
Add the figs to the shaker tin.
Add the lime juice and honey.
Using a muddler or a large teaspoon, mash up the figs.
Add the bourbon and ice to a shaker tin.
Shake for 10 seconds.
Add ice to 4 rocks glasses.
Divide the cocktail evenly between the glasses.
Top with club soda if desired.
Garnish with fig quarter and mint sprig if desired.
- Bourbon - You can use any bourbon that you enjoy in this cocktail. I don't recommend using expensive bourbons since those are really made for sipping or spirit-forward cocktails like Manhattan's.
- If you want to make these cocktails in advance, you can muddle the figs with the bourbon, lime juice, and honey a few hours ahead of time. Then divide the mixture evenly among 4 rocks glasses, add ice and top with sparkling water, garnish and serve.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.5mg