Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Two Ingredient Crustless Cheesecake
I tried this with both full fat greek yogurt and 2% fat and this is one of those times when full fat yogurt is a must! Also, be careful not to overbake - underdone is better than overdone with this one!
- 2 cups plain full fat greek style yogurt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk Nestle brand preferred
- ½ cup cubed fresh mango berries, passionfruit, bananas, etc., etc.
- ½ teaspoon grated cinnamon nutmeg, cardamon, ginger, etc., etc. or a mixture like pumpkin or apple pie spice.
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt and sweetened condensed milk and spices if using.
Mix with a whisk to thoroughly combine.
Spoon the yogurt mixture into 6 ramekins ( 3 ½ inches by 2 inches) dividing equally.
Place ramekins in a glass rectangular baking pan.
Pour hot water into the baking pan so that it comes up ½ way around the ramekins.
Place pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Insert a toothpick or knife tip into a ramekin to check for doneness. If it comes out clean, the cheesecakes are ready
If not, bake for another minute and check again.
Remove cheesecakes from oven and let cool. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Can you substitute non fat greek yogurt? Yes, BUT the cheesecakes will have a grainy texture!
- If you want to serve the cheesecakes outside of the ramekins, spray the ramekins with cooking spray before filling them. After baking the cheesecakes, chill them well (overnight is best!).
- To unmold, run a knife around the sides and place a plate on top of the ramekin. Flip both the plate and the ramekin over.
- If the cheesecake doesn't plop right out, jiggle the ramekin to help loosen it.
The beauty of this recipe (aside from how easy it is to make!) is that you can dress up or dress down. Garnish it with:
- Fresh mango, peaches or passion fruit pulp
- Fresh berries
- Cooked apples
- Fruit preserves!
As I said, this recipe is quite flexible in terms of garnishes and flavorings. Suggestions include:
- Vanilla extract - add a teaspoon of vanilla to the yogurt mixture before baking.
- Spices - ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice would also be delicious!
- Rum or Bourbon - Add a tablespoon of rum or bourbon to the yogurt mixture before baking to add some warm, spice notes. Like fat, alcohol enhances the flavor!
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 0.3mg