Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sweet, smoky and oh so smooth, the Bourbon Manhattan is just the thing for sipping by the fire!
- 2 oz. Bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- 1 Luxardo cherry optional
- 1 strip orange peel optional
Combine the bourbon, vermouth, and bitters in a mixing glass.
Add about 1 cup of ice.
Stir for 30 seconds.
Pour into a chilled coupe glass or over ice in a rocks or old fashioned glass.
Garnish with a Luxardo cherry and a strip of orange zest if desired.
- Bourbon Whisky - there are literally hundreds of bourbons on the market so it really depends upon the style of bourbon you enjoy. My personal favorites for this drink I made this one with Woodford Reserve, but I also love it with i Elijah Craig and Maker's Mark.
- Sweet vermouth - like bourbon there are quite a few sweet vermouths on the market. For a richer cocktail, Carpano Antica is absolutely delicious - but I also have used and enjoyed Dolin Rouge and Miro Rojo, a Spanish vermouth.
- Bitters - traditionally Angostura is used but I prefer Regan's Orange Bitters.
- MAKE AHEAD: This cocktail is ideal for making ahead and perfect for serving for parties. Just combine the bourbon, vermouth and bitters for however many cocktails you want to make and add to an easy pouring bottle. Measure out three ounces and add to a mixing glass with ice and proceed with the recipe!
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 3mg