Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Raspberry Mint Vodka Spritzer
It's summer and the sippin' is easy with this Raspberry and Mint Vodka Spritzer! This vodka and club soda based cocktail is light enough to sip during the day - so it's perfect for celebrating the 4th! ! Flavored with an easy raspberry mint simple syrup, this fruity cocktail is is crowd friendly - no shaking required!
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Raspberry Mint Syrup
- 3 oz. club soda
- 1 sprig mint optional
Raspberry Mint Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 fresh mint leaves
Raspberry Mint Syrup
Combine the raspberries, sugar, water and mint leaves in a medium sized saucepan.
Over medium high heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from the heat and let cool.
Strain the mixture through a sieve into a clean lidded container. Syrup will last in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the Raspberry Mint Vodka Cocktail
Fill a rocks, collins or wine glass with ice cubes. Add the raspberry mint syrup and vodka and top with club soda.
Add a straw or straws and stir to mix. Garnish with mint if using and serve.
For a Raspberry Mint Mocktail
Other infused simple syrups you might enjoy in this cocktail are this ginger syrup or this spiced syrup.
- For the Raspberry Mint syrup -I used frozen raspberries since I don't have a raspberry bush and fresh raspberries aren't cheap in California. If you have a raspberry bush (or access to one!) use fresh - the syrup is delicious with them! You will have to mash them up a bit in the saucepan after you have added the sugar and water.
- I used club soda in this vodka spritzer but you could easily use sparkling water if that is what you have! I wouldn't however use a sparkling mineral water since mineral waters tend to have a "minerally taste" which I'm not fond of in this cocktail!
- The Raspberry Mint syrup will last for a week in the refrigerator. To extend it's shelf life, you can add a tablespoon of vodka to the syrup - the syrup should then last for at least two weeks in the refrigerator.
- If you are making this vodka spritzer cocktail for a crowd, you can easily double or even triple the recipe.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 35mg | Sugar: 20g | Iron: 1mg