Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Juicy, tender grilled chicken subtly flavored with Indian spices, this Chicken Tikka is one of my favorite Indian dishes! If you've ever wanted to try Indian food, this easy and fragrant yogurt marinated chicken is the one to try!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Marinating time2 hrs
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 Tbsp. Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 cup full fat plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
In a glass bowl add the yogurt. Add the ginger garlic paste and then the chile powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala and groun cardamon. Mix.
Add the lime juice and stir to thoroughly combine.
Cut up the chicken into pieces about 1 inch square.
Add the chicken to the tikka paste mixture and stir to combine.
Refrigerate for two hours and up to 1 day.
Soak approximately 10 -12 six-inch wooden skewers in water for 15 to 30 minutes or more. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
Scrape the grill, oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers so that they fit comfortably and aren't too packed.
Grill the skewers for 2 - 3 minutes per side until the chicken has dark brown grill marks and is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- If you have leftover chicken you can freeze it! Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator over night.
- Extra chicken is delicious wrapped in naan bread with tomatoes, shredded cabbage, plain yogurt and a dollop of tomato chutney!
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 1395mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2.2mg