Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Moroccan Carrot Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing
This healthy, easy, shredded Carrot Salad with Moroccan Spices is sweet, sour and crunchy! A wonderful make ahead salad for potlucks, tailgating or for brown bagging!
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb. carrots peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp. chopped preserved lemons cut into 1/4 inch dice or the zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala or large pinch of cinnamon and cumin
- 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or canola oil
In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, honey, garam masala, paprika, salt and white pepper.
Drizzle in the olive or canola oil and whisk until dressing emulsifies.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots,preserved lemon and parsley. Drizzle the dressing over and toss. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- This salad can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Store, covered in the refrigerator.
- The preserved lemons give the salad a nice burst of citrus flavor. You can buy them in a Middle Eastern market but they are very easy to make. You can use them in salads, dressings, or stirred into anything that needs a burst of citrus flavor!
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 19335IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.6mg