Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Asian Edamame Salad with Ginger Dressing.
Chopped veggies and edamame all wrapped in a zippy dressing, this Asian Edamame Salad with Ginger Dressing is easy and delicious!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced persian cucumber
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp. szechwan pepper Or red pepper flakes
In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients except the canola oil.
Blend on medium for 30 seconds and then increase to high for another 30 seconds. Blend until the ginger and garlic are finely minced. Scrape down the blender jar.
Slowly drizzle in the canola oil.
Blend again until the dressing is smooth - about 10 seconds.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine.
- This edamame salad can be made up to two days in advance. As the salad sits, the vegetables will become more tender, so if you like a crisper salad, you can prep all the salad ingredients and make the vinaigrette ahead of time and toss just before serving.
- This salad really makes use of the "bits and pieces" in your vegetable crisper drawer. Other vegetables that are delicious in the salad include napa cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli and /or snow peas.
- For a smooth dressing, you really need to use a blender.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4025IU | Vitamin C: 59.5mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2.3mg