Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Thai Cucumber Salad
Made with an addictive Thai inspired relish, this easy and versatile Thai Cucumber salad is salty, sweet, spicy and a little sour.
- For the Relish:
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 serrano chile minced with seeds removed
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes about 3 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- For the Salad:
- 4 persian cucumbers
- 1/4 cup Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoon shredded fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
For the relish - combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
For the salad: thinly slice the cucumbers using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler.
Add 3 Tablespoons of the relish to the cucumber and toss. Taste and add more of the relish if needed/desired.
Divide the cucumber between two plates. Garnish with cilantro, mint, coconut and peanuts. Serve.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1442mg | Potassium: 1086mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 22.3mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 2.6mg