Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
Sweet, spicy and so easy!! This vegetarian-friendly cauliflower curry comes together in under 30 minutes!!!
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 onions cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons ginger and garlic paste OR 1 1/2 teaspoons pressed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 medium head cauliflower broken into small florets
- 1 package Melissa's steamed garbanzo beans or one 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- two 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chiles I used Rotel brand
- one 14 oz. can reduced fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Add two tablespoons canola oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic paste and saute until golden, about 8 minutes.
Sprinkle the curry powder over and stir for about 30 seconds - you should be able to smell the spices! Add the cauliflower, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and stir.
Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly and the cauliflower is tender. Remove the lid and taste, adding additional salt, and pepper as needed. Garnish with cilantro.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.6mg