Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Turkey Chili with Salsa Verde
This makes a fairly mild chili - if you like it spicier you could add additional jalapenos or do what I do - put out a bottle of green Tabasco sauce and let everyone season the chili as they wish!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. corn oil
- 1 onion cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 cups low sodium chicken or turkey stock
- one 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- one 15 oz. jar salsa verde
- 3 cups shredded roasted turkey meat white or dark or both!
- 1 - 15 oz. can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup grated pepper jack or monterey jack cheese
In 4 quart stockpot heat the corn oil over medium high heat.
Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and cook 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
Add the cumin and oregano and cook for another minute.
Add the stock, the diced green chiles and the salsa verde.
Increase the heat and bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
Add the turkey and cannellini beans.
Stir to combine.
Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with limes (for squeezing onto chili), cilantro, avocado and grated pepper jack.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 11.8mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1.7mg