This vodka spritzer recipe might just be the perfect easy cocktail! With 3 simple ingredients, this mixed drink is one that everyone should have on rotation!
A vodka spritzer is a super simple cocktail to make and to drink! It's bright, refreshing, and not too boozy. Perfect for afternoon sipping by the pool or as the signature cocktail at your next party.
Why you will love this drink!
- It only has 3 ingredients!!!
- No cocktail shaker is required- just pour over ice and you are good to go!
- Not a fan of raspberries? You can use almost any fruit.
- Works for brunch, lunch, or before dinner - and given its beautiful ruby red color it's the perfect festive cocktail for the holiday season or the fourth of July.
- Vodka - for this drink, use good vodka. You don't need a top-shelf vodka, but definitely choose a vodka that you enjoy drinking.
- Raspberry Syrup- an easy homemade raspberry syrup (that takes minutes to make) is both sweet and tangy!!
- Sparkling water - you have SO MANY choices here - use your favorite brand - I love Topo Chico and La Croix, but any soda or mineral water will work. Again, use one that you enjoy drinking.
This is how to make the best vodka spritzer
- Add ice to a rocks or tom collins's glass.
- Add the raspberry syrup.
- Add the vodka.
- Top off with sparkling water.
- If you're feeling fancy, garnish with a straw or two and a sprig of mint. Bonus - straws make great stirrers for this drink!
Generally, a spritzer refers to a wine spritzer. A classic 19th-century mixed drink, the wine spritzer combines white wine and soda water. A vodka spritzer replaces the wine with vodka and fruit or fruit juice. Sometimes simple syrup, flavored syrup, or another sweetener is added.
Since this cocktail is made with sparkling water, you can't make it ahead - but you definitely can make the syrup ahead.
Absolutely - that's one of the best things about this cocktail!! Feel free to make the raspberry syrup or if you're pressed for time, buy a premade syrup. You can even skip the syrup and simply crush up some fruit and add a little simple syrup and lime or lemon juice to taste.
💭 Top tip
Mixing drinks for a crowd can be a challenge so let your guests mix their own! This is always a hit and a great icebreaker!
- Set out ice, glasses, vodka, raspberry syrup and sparkling water (or plain club soda), and some pretty straws.
- Add a card with the instructions for your guests to follow.
As a fan of fruity cocktails (and vodka cocktails in particular), there are almost infinite ways to change up this classic cocktail.
- Cranberry Vodka Spritzer: Combine vodka, cranberry juice and your favorite sparkling water.
- Lemon Blueberry Vodka Spritzer: combine fresh lemon juice, vodka, simple syrup (if you like your cocktail a little sweet), sparking water and garnish with fresh blueberries.
- Lime and Mint Vodka Spritzer: Combine fresh lime juice, vodka, simple syrup (if you like your cocktail a bit sweeter) and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
More easy and fruity cocktail recipes
The Vodka Sour is a little sweet, a little sour, and very refreshing. Like a vodka spritzer, it's really simple to make and drink. It goes with almost any food and a great before-dinner cocktail.
A Rum Sour is a drink that should not be missed!! If you are a fan of tiki drinks, you will love it. It's also very, very easy to make from a few simple ingredients and delivers incredible flavor.
This Key lime martini doesn't need an introduction! This cocktail has the perfect balance of lime and coconut. Although it looks fancy, it's also a very easy cocktail to make - and drink.
The Apple Martini definitely deserves a spot on your "must make" cocktail list! This cocktail checks all the boxes - bright, crisp, easy and pretty!
Vodka Spritzer Recipe
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Raspberry syrup
- 3 oz. club soda
- 1 sprig mint optional
- Fill a rocks, collins or wine glass with ice cubes. Add the raspberry mint syrup and vodka and top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Add a straw or straws and stir to mix. Garnish with mint if using and serve.
- I used raspberry sparkling water in this vodka spritzer but you could easily use club soda if that is what you have! I wouldn't however use sparkling mineral water since mineral waters tend to have a "minerally taste" which I'm not fond of in this cocktail!
- Making this for a crowd? Although you can't really make it ahead of time, you could easily let your guests make their own! Set out the vodka, syrup, sparkling water with plenty of ice and glasses. Write out the instructions and place next to the ingredients. This is always a hit at parties and is a great ice breaker!!