Well, we are still feelin’ the Hatch chile love over here so I’ve got another recipe for you using these fabulous chiles. (You have, of course, already run out and got some, r-i-g-h-h-t???)
Phew.. you had me worried there for a minute!!
So, now that you have these chiles (and you’ve already made the queso) what else are you going to do with them? Well, you could make some salsa, add them to your favorite tacos, put them in a quesadilla… or you can make a salad dressing/dip with them.
Which I highly recommend, BTW.
Especially if it’s this dressing.
Given that hatch chiles vary in heat, start with one chile and add another one if you want a spicier kick. If the dressing is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to thin it out.
- 1 cup Mexican Crema Fresca or Sour Cream
- 1 - 2 roasted hot Hatch Chiles
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salad ingredients:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, roasted or toasted in a skillet
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until the chiles, garlic and cilantro are finely minced. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Combine the romaine, corn, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Gently toss salad and drizzle with the dressing.