I am interrupting my normally scheduled posting to bring you this… Corn and Blueberry Wild Rice Salad.
I know… the recipes that I share here on A Communal Table are, for the most part, inspired by global cuisines – but this recipe really can’t be traced to any one cuisine. It’s one of those rather unique American creations that probably has it’s roots in any number of cuisines – utilizing the best of all of them but with no true claim to any of them!
Corn and Blueberry Wild Rice Salad is so darn tasty that I simply had to share it… and since sweet, juicy corn is at it’s peak right now, there really is no better time to try it.
Especially if you are grilling meats, chicken or fish – which is pretty much what they serve it at Gulfstream – where this Corn and Blueberry Wild Rice Salad is a perennial favorite on the menu.
It is definitely a favorite with me.. it’s earthy, sweet and tart with just a hint of crunch – hitting all of my flavor buttons!!
Why I love this Corn and Blueberry Wild Rice Salad:
- I can make it ahead of time – and you know how much I love that!!!
- It’s naturally gluten free and vegan – so I can serve it to just about anyone and everyone!
- I can keep the main dish and sides really simple – the salad is flavorful enough all on it’s own!
- It’s colorful with lots of fabulous textures!!
So, with Labor Day just around the corner, you might just want to bookmark this!!!
What you are going to need to make this:
- fresh corn!
- wild and white/brown rice mix (Lundberg or Trader Joes both make good ones!)
- dried blueberries
- red onion
- curry powder
- fresh parsley